Chapter 55

His father...

"Yes" her voice seemed to shake. "I loved him."

• • •

Konoha was silent, nothing could be heard but the slight singing of crickets. Her footsteps echoed and her hair was blown back by the cool breeze that seemed to comfort her. After what seemed like forever she smiled to herself and stopped walking.

Then she jumped up to the nearest roof and sat down waiting for the person watching her.

"Yomi san you're too much." Shisui said as he appeared next to her and she smiled once more.

"You're so cute, you tried to follow me without being noticed." She said pinching his cheeks, "looks like you're all grown up." Once again she was in her teen form, slightly shorter than him. She said fondly as a blush spread over his cheeks.

"Don't call me cute." He said clearing his throat, and looking away.

"But you're cute." She said chuckling, "remember when you used to call me onee chan?" She said going down memory lane. His blush deepened.

"And you used to feed me watermelons." He said quietly as a small smile crept up his face. "And then you were out of reach."

She didn't reply, she knew what he was talking about, she had selfishly left him in charge of Yomi uchiha who had no memory of him.

She rested her head on hi broad shoulders and she sighed. "I'm sorry Shisui." She whispered.

"You wouldn't understand how I felt."

"Umm~"

She hummed in agreement, she wouldn't understand, but... "but I'm grateful to you."

She was grateful for everything, "you owe me." He said dryly with a small laugh. Suddenly he brought a small flask that she hadn't noticed and opened it.

Inside were small chunks of watermelon finely cute and frozen. She was speechless, but he picked up a piece with his chopsticks and fed her one. "Now it's my turn." He said and her eyes softened, softened to the point that it was tearing up.

"When last did someone offer to do something for me?" She asked as her voice shook, this feeling of being loved, being wanted, being cared for, when last had she felt this way?

"That's the problem with being the strong one." Shisui said putting down his chopsticks. "No one offers you a hand."

He was right, this feeling of loneliness, of neglect, was solely because she was the person who had to protect everyone and shoulder the burden.

Because she couldn't afford to make a mistake. Even though in this world she was the most powerful that didn't make her omnipotent.

She was shocked when she heard from Isobu, because she was a god doesn't make her the almighty god, there was still someone above her, the highest.

Someone that created her and gave her the job as the creator. For that reason she couldn't do anything to mess up the world that god created, she had to be careful, if she made a mistake she had no idea what would happen.

She found herself stuck between her two biggest fears, losing everyone and losing herself.

"Shisui..." she broke down, the feeling of having a shoulder to lean on was overwhelming, was suffocating, tears of joy, pity, sadness.

Shisui didn't speak instead he hugged her, giving her warmth and comfort, giving her hope.

Closing her eyes she teleported, normally she preferred flying at a high speed but today she didn't care, holding his breath and they found themselves under a body of water and he suddenly raised her head, closing  his eyes he...

Shisui burst up panting followed by Tsuki Yomi who didn't seem to mind the fact that she was underwater. Her lips warm and slightly swollen, she walked out of the pond in the training grounds, Shisui pulled himself to land and gasping for breath.

His face flushed and he couldn't even look at Tsuki cause of the embarrassment he felt.

She laughed a little holding his hand she rested her back on the floor staring up at the full moon with him.

"When did this start?" She asked him. He gulped not answering, his heart beating violently against his rib cage. He wasn't going to answer, not yet, this wasn't the right time.

She glanced at him and seeing his red face she smiled, "it's ok, tell me when you're ready."

They both watched as the sky brightened slowly.

"Hey Yomi.."

She turned to him paying him her full attention. "If I ever die, just look at the sky and say goodbye." Her heart shook.

If I ever die.

Are you trying to die on me?

They were silent as the sun rose.

A/N: I lied about making longer chapters, I don't like them. It's hard to keep concentrated. 😭 sowwy.