Chapter 39

"Family is supposed to be our safe haven. But very often, it's the place where we find our deepest heartache, weasel."

A tear slid down itachi's face, so much pain.

•.•.•

Yomi sat quietly on the gates of konoha waiting for Kakashi to show up, he wasn't late, but it didn't seem like he would be early either. But in all honesty she wasn't actually sure what time it was, she guess it was almost noon just because it was hottest it had been all day, she had no way of telling the time, but soon that'll change. A smile appeared on her face, soon, she'll be able to see.

"Yomi chan?" Her heada looked down towards where she heard the voice. Without a second thought she jumped down and held on the Kakashi's hand.

"Y-Yomi chan?" Unknown to her he had a faint blush on his face which was hidden by the mask.

"Lead the way Kakashi."

He nodded and they were off, tree jumping like professional ninjas, the only legalised ninja was Kakashi but he was stil just a kid.

They both ventured towards the mission location.

They stopped at a clearing in the woods to set up camp for the night. Yomi gathered wood to start a fire and Kakashi set up their tents. When they were done they both sat in front of the camp fire helping themselves to some soup that Yomi had prepared.

Kakashi ate as he watched her watch the fire with a distant smile on her face, she seemed conflicted, unconsciously his mind wandered to why she hadn't asked about Obito yet.

"Yomi..."

She turned to his direction to show that she was listening.

He cleared his throat softly.

"Why haven't you asked about Obito?"

Her face turned as her smile remained.

"Kakashi, you know I thought of Obito like family."

Her bangs covered her eyes but her curved lips remained in place.

"I know what happened to Obito." Her voice seems to shake, so she knew but she didn't want to dwell on it.

No, she knew what was going to happen to Obito, she knew he wasn't dead, but he was better off dead than becoming a pawn of the true mastermind. Kakashi suddenly felt bad for asking her, she didn't mention it to prevent herself from feeling th pain of losing a family member.

"You know Kakashi, I didn't ask about Obito because if I did, I wouldn't be able to..." carry on with the mission. Those words remained unspoken, if she tried to dwell on him, her plan, she would abandon her plan for his sake.

"I know you miss him to."

His eyes widened, "How...?"

"I'm your friend, I'm meant to be here for you Kakashi, after all, those who abandon their friends are worst than trash."

Yes, if she thought of Obito she would abandon everything for his sake.