Chapter 54

"Oreo san, when this is over should we go get candy?"

• • •

The gentle sound of water dripping pulled back his conscious mind. His eyes snapped open to realise that he was paralysed, his eyes were the only thing that could move, his heart beat violently as he tried to move in the pitch black area.

Light footsteps could be heard walking through the water, a gust of killing intent could be felt and he seemed to unconsciously struggle more. But he was a ninja, why should he he be afraid?

He wanted to know himself but he still struggled as his heart beat accelerated to a dangerous level.

"You dares go after the hyuga princess?" A sickly sweet voice boomed from no where surrounding him. He suddenly felt a strap cover his mouth so he couldn't speak, this was bad, now he couldn't confess even if he wanted to!

"Why did you do it?" The was gentle but seemed to make his hair stand on end and make his stomach churn in fear.

He tried to speak but all could be heard was muffled voices, and unexpectedly her skin began to form boils and put of those books burst forth maggots that ate him from inside out. But he didn't die.

He let out a muffled scream and he began to shake violently, tears and snot flowing mixed with blood that had adorned his body.

Minato shuddered slightly as he watched the little girl next to him with glowing red eyes staring fixedly at the ninja who seemed perfectly fine.

"Is that a kind of genjutsu?" Minato asked as he felt his back being drenched in cold sweat.

Tsuki Yomi didn't talk but someone else talked.

"No."

His head turned to see Kushina who was standing right behind him, "darling what are you doing here? And what about naruto?"

"He's fine, he's having a sleepover with sasuke, and as for while I'm here."

She turned to the girl with seemed to have frozen in time.

"She called me."

Minato nodded understanding they had a special bond, almost like mother and child.

"Right now she has dragged him into her consciousness." Kushina began to explain as Kurama narrated what to say to her.

"And she's punishing him there because if she did it here then she's not sure if you guys could stand the trauma." Kushina said, in the end she was still looking out for them.

"Hokage sama." Minato turned to the Anbu who nodded and Minato nodded.

"She says don't mention anything about the attack and if he accuses you of injuring his ninja then accuse him of lying and trying to frame you as he has no proof." Kushina said one more time and Minato nodded.

This time she hadn't killed that ninja so they can't pin the blame of killing him on their village, such a heavy blame, they dare give to the village she had agreed to protect?

Kumogakure, it is unfortunate but the days of your kage are numbered.

It wasn't long before Tsuki Yomi blinked and stared at the convulsing figure of the head ninja of kumogakure.
Wiping the warm liquid dripping from here eyes a deep rough familiar voice was heard.