Chapter 38

"Tell me one more time, how you saved the world, mum."

The kamikage smiled.

• • •

Shikaku walked in with a pile of papers for the hokage. Ignoring the extreme heat.

"Shikaku."

He turned to the hokage to see him smoking his pipe. "Hokage sama?"

He inhaled.

"As adults don't you believe it's our duty to take care of the younger generation?"

Shikaku understood where he was coming from, Tsuki Yomi was willing to sacrifice her very being for the sake of the future.

To kill her consciousness and create a new one, to be reborn.

"Then why do we let the younger generation take care of us?"

Minato stood amongst his teammates silently, he glanced at Yomi who seemed to be serious about the mission.

If his hunch was correct then something big was going to happen during this mission.

Rin had questioned her dreams to become a shinobi ever since she encountered the shinobi from chikagakure during the chunin exams. She had come close to death and was never able to overcome her fears. And now with Obito's demise....

Kakashi glanced at Yomi, something wasn't right, she hadn't questioned Obito's absence. She didn't seem interested at all, and there was no way she knew he was dead as she recently came back from her travels.

"Kakashi I'm putting you in charge of this mission." Minato said gravely as he stared at his student, Kakashi's eyes widened. "Come back safely."

"Hai Minato san!" Yomi said smiling and Kakashi found himself dwelling on his sensei's words, come back safely?

Minato then flickered vanishing from their sights. Kakashi stared at the smiling girl for a split second.

"Meet at the gates in one hour." She nodded.

Once he was gone she looked up at the black sky and her smile faltered, tears forming in her eyes and falling down her face. This was going to be the end?

She was going to die.

Her hand reached out into the darkness, almost as if she was reaching out for help.

"Are humans really worth your sacrifice?"

Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud wail and her head turned towards the general direction, "Hello Yomi san."

It was mikoto san.

"Yomi!" And kushina!

Running towards them she hugged the red haired woman. Kushina smiled as the girl hugged her tightly, Yomi was quickly becoming a daughter to her and right now her heart hurt to know she was in pain.

Yomi ignored the darkness that she was met with whenever she opened her eyes and focused on kushina, she couldn't break down now, if she did then what would happen to all her precious people? They would disappear from here sight one at a time to a place that even she won't be able to reach them.

"How are you Yomi san?" Yomi looked up and flashed her signature smile, if not for the fact that kushina had known Yomi for a while now she would've never noticed the feeling of despair that seemed to overcome her eating her gradually from the inside and isolating her from the rest of the world.

Kushina kept a hand on her hair, "It's ok to cry Yomi."

Yomi froze along with her brilliant smile, she had caught on.

Her lips quivered as large drops of tears fell from her face. She sniffed as she let out a loud cry, she was after all still a kid, it was odd how she rarely cried at all.

"I don't want to disappear!"

That's right, she wasn't willing to leave everything, to reset herself, for the sake of the future.

She wasn't willing.

She was allowed to be selfish right?

"When you decide to sacrifice yourself for humans you are throwing away your free will and happiness."

"Kurama."

Yomi looked up at kushina. Her eyes widened.

"Stop."

All this time, that voice belonged to....

Yomi's voice rose a little in amazement, that voice....

"Kurama."

The fox smirked, "creator."

• • •

"Onee chan why are you crying?"

"Because no one ever sees my pain, little weasel."

A/N: I just noticed how many books I have to write and complete. I have so many fanfictions I want to complete outside the four naruto fanfictions I am currently writing. There another naruto fanfiction "making of a legend"

a boku no hero academia one "Her hero academia"

an assassin classroom one "valzer dell morte."

A Tokyo ghoul one "human."

A one piece one "bittersweet tragedy"

a code geass one "madder Sky"

a Hamilton one "believer"

game of thrones "Queen"

crepuscule "rein"

Hunter x Hunter "little girls"

kingdom "forgotten queen" and more as I watch more good anime or get annoyed at anime characters.

😭 too much but I must get to all of them before I die! Or before I reach 30.

I have so many other original books too😭.

Well, here we go, the start of a long Wattpad journey.