Chapter 57

"I finally know how I want my story to end."

• • •

Yomi held on to Neji tightly as they waltzed into enemy territory. "Let's do this!" She said as she began to instruct him on how to reduce his chakra signature as much as he could.

"Got it?" She asked the hyuga who nodded and then she smirked. "Ok! Let's go!" Then they both leaped into the trees opposite each other and proceeded to find the trio. They both jumped off the tree they were on in unison when they reached a clearing but saw no one there. A light breeze blew making Yomi shiver slightly.

Yomi cuddled next to Neji who seemed tense. "Why aren't they here?" He asked in his slightly worried voice.

"Are you sure they aren't here?" She asked cutely giving him a hint to death for chakra signatures. Neji suddenly calmed down. "Just focus..." she replied and suddenly his body jerked grabbing Yomi and carrying her bridal style before jumping away allowing a set of kunais to lodge themselves to the floor.

Neji glanced at the kunais letting out a breath of relief. "That was close."

As he was about to drop Yomi back she again reminded him "don't let your guard down." As soon as she finished speaking ninja stars began to fly around and Neji let out a groan of annoyance before trying to avoid all the ninja stars continuously.

"What the-!" He was cut off the bombardment and he got slightly annoyed by it in fact.

Yomi couldn't help but chuckle as she increased her weight forcing Neji to put more energy into keeping her safe because she was heavier. "Go Neji!" She cheered igniting his dark expression.

He was panting slightly by the time the attacks were over and once again she leaned into his face and whispered "Don't let your guard down."

"Wh-" as he was about to speak he noticed the strange gathering of chakra from one of the thrown stars and he swiftly gasped before jumping up into a tree as the ninja stars began to sizzle. With a bang they all simultaneously combusted in a glowing ball leaving behind nothing but a huge crater.

"See Neji~ I told you not to let your guard down ~" she saying in a song song manner which would've been enchanting if Neji hadn't been so close to death.

Neji unconsciously gulped as he watched the aftermath of the explosions in horror and made it a mental note not to let his guard down.

Tsuki Yomi whistled in satisfaction proud of her students. Unfortunately they were not safe yet, as Neji attempted to jump down the tree when he suddenly let out a terrified scream.

His leg had gotten caught in a rope forcing him to hang upside down from the tree. Yomi gracefully left his arms and jumped down. "My My Neji~" she said between odd burst of laughter.

Neji, who's expression was originally dark, glared at her annoyed she hadn't warned him.

"Don't look at me that way, I told u not to let your guard down~!"

She looked around spotting lots of other traps, slingshots, cannons, explosive tags and even bear traps. She sighed shaking her head.

"Looks like we've lost this one Neji." She said reaching up to untie the rope for him. Soon he came crashing down with a loud thud.

"We would've had a chance to win if you weren't so heavy hime sama." He replied in a tired and worn voice causing Yomi to hum.

"That might be true Neji but how would you know your weakness if you don't fail?" She said before pointing at his chest. "As you learnt today your stamina and strength needs an upgrade so you could carry a heavy or injured teammate in times of trouble she replied. "And obviously you have a big problem with keeping your guard up" She said once more as a matter of fact.

"Oi! Sasuke! Naruto! Your team won! Come out! It's our turn!" She shouted and her voice resounded through the woods.

There was a moment of silence before the leaves rustled slightly traveling three figures who jumped out revealing a grinning naruto with his arms behind his head.

"I don't know what you're grinning for loud mouth" Neji spat out and from there the insults commenced.

"Boys! No fighting!" Tsuki stopped them. "It's our turn to set up so you guys can leave!" Naruto and sasuke were better at spotting traps than Neji so allowing her and him to setup would be to their advantage.

"Tch. Come on guys let's leave." Naruto said as his group left the two.

Yomi smiled as a few plans crossed over in her head. She turned to Neji and stared at him intensely.

He blushes slightly.

"This." She said pointing at his shirt.

"Take it off."