Chapter 40

"So this is goodbye."

•.•.•

Shisui wasn't really shocked when a messenger snake arrived at his bedroom window with a letter from Yomi.

He opened it as the sky roared.

Little Shisui,

When I come back let's have a picnic under the cherry blossoms ok?...........

...........If you're reading this then I should be dead..........

....... "I have a favour to ask of you

Kisame received the letter with excited eyes and quickly read it bouncing over to Kakazu.

"Kakazu!!!! Nee chan wants to meet us!"

Kakazu's eyes flashed with a foreign emotion before he turned away.

Shisui felt burning tears from his eyes as he felt the surge of power coming through his veins, "Yomi chan..." he had awakened the sharingan, at the cost of a friend.

Nagato opened it and as he read the first sentence his hands began to tremble.

Nagato kun, if you are reading this then I am already dead.

Orochimaru wiped the blood off his face as he put back his kunai into his pouch after wiping it on his trouser, then he collected the letter from the snake.

"..........Buy me lots of candy next time ok?"

He read the letter and a distant emotion seemed to overcome him, regret.

Humans were fickle, easily wasted away, that's why, he looked up to the sky as rain began to fall.

Immortality was essential.

Kakazu read his letter.

To my partner in crime, the rest is in your hands.

He put his hand over his face, forcing down a burst of maddening laughter, yes, a through kage.

Yomi opened her eyes once more into the darkness, feeling something stirring within her, this was the monster locked into rin? He seemed gentle, it's chakra was cooling to her.

A deep dignified voice rose from within her.

"Creator..."

This was isobu?

Why did the tailed beast call her a creator?

"The girl is ready."

Her thoughts were disrupted by the ninjas that had taken her and were trying to use her as a weapon on the village of konoha.

Even in the last few hours of her life she still felt that humans were very funny creatures, highly entertaining to say the least.

It was a shame she couldn't be human for a little while longer.

"He's here." Her small dry voice came resounding, echoing in the cave as her smile widened.