Plain Jayne

Jayne stared at her computer screen, another work order popped into her inbox. she groaned to herself when she read the order 

"the android on reception wouldn't let my wife drop of my lunch this morning! Said she didn't have authorisation the stupid thing wouldn't even come and give to me! fix it!!!!" Jayne shook her head" its not going to let your wife in without authorisation dumb ass. like I said last time and the time before that your wife cant have authorisation because she is not an employee maybe if you remembered your own lunch like a big boy this wouldn't happen!" Jayne gritted her teeth before deleting the email. 

She looked up at the clock it was way past clocking out time anyway. she would deal with this tomorrow. She tucked her short brown hair behind her ears, closing her eyes for a moment as she leaned back in her chair. God knows why this station only have one IT Tech for over 20 androids and god knows how many other employees. in fact an android could probably do her job quicker and better. Hank wouldn't have allowed that though. Jayne thought back to when she finished her internship with Cyberlife 2 years ago. Hank had pretty much demanded that the captain give me a job. I was way over qualified. i knew it. Hank knew it. Hell even the captain knew it but he gave me the job anyway, properly because i said i would work for little money. 

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Lieutenant Anderson"  a voice broke Jayne's thoughts causing her to jump. she looked up to see a tall figure standing in her office doorway. his soft brown eyes stared at her, she met his gaze causing her to blush. God he was handsome she thought keep calm, keep calm she repeated to herself.

"hes not here right now, sorry. Erm can I take a message I will properly be talking to him later" she replied thinking back to the numerous times he had called her drunk wanting a ride home. he continued to stare at me 

"my name is Connor, I am an android sent by Cyberlife. I have been assigned to work a case with Lieutenant Anderson. could you help me locate him Miss Patterson?" he said cocking his head to the side slightly. God Cyberlife sure make their androids cute these days she thought to herself as she shoved some paper work into her bag 

"sure I have a good idea where he is, and its Jayne. not Miss Patterson makes me sound old" you laughed turning to come face to face with the android his face was absolutely   breath taking, the way his freckles are placed  on his face and the way his eyes shined. incredible.

"ok, Jayne" Connor replied softly moving out of the way. The way he said her name made Jayne's heart skip a beat. She blushed smiling to herself all the way to the car. Stop grinning like an idiot she said to herself hes just an android.

****

CONNOR POV

Connor sat in  Jaynes car. As the car jumped into start Connor scanned Jayne . Miss Jayne Patterson,DOB 25th of April 2015 No Criminal record. She seemed uncomfortable he thought

"Your staring Connor", Jayne said smiling looking up to meet his eyes. They where quite striking Connor thought. 

"Your eyes are blue" he said Jayne smiled at him biting her bottom lip as she did so. 

"your a real great detective Connor" Jayne laughed. It confused him why was she laughing. 

" I am designed to detect deviants and assist police with criminal cases involving androids. I am sorry, i understand that humans can be uncomfortable around androids. Is there anything i can do to make you more comfortable Jayne?" he noticed Jayne's face turn a pinker colour he scanned her. Her heart rate was beating at a elevated rate. her breathing had become faster. Connor informed her of his scan results 

A silence fell over the car as it slowed to a stop, Jayne's hands griped the steering wheel slightly harder. " Androids dont make me uncomfortable, only the incredibly good looking ones do" She winced after she spoke as if she did not want to say those words. Connor couldn't help but to smile. she liked him?  He desperately wanted her to like him.Something shifted in his software. he liked it, he wasn't supposed to like anything. he ran a quick systems check. nothing.

"Judging by my scans of your heart rate you are uncomfortable around me. does that mean you consider me 'good looking'?",his metal heart skipped a beat waiting for her to respond.  They arrived at there destination.
Her face turned a brighter shade of red and she flustered getting out of the car. Still not answering his question.

Jayne bent back down into the car still avoiding his gaze. " Just stay here I will go get him" she closed the door. Connor got out of the car and quickly joined her. It was against his instructions to find Lieutenant Anderson to wait in the car. Also he wanted to be close to her. 

"Stay in the car Connor, this bar doesn't allow Androids. I dont want you getting hurt" Jayne Placed her hand on his chest to stop him walking forward. his eyes met hers,her face looked beautiful in the moon light, her hair fell over her face partly covering it. 

"don't worry adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features" he winked Jayne's hand fell from his chest as she let out a groan before turning into the bar 

****

Jayne POV

He winked at me he fucking winked at me. That was probably one of the most romantic things to have ever happened to me and it was with an android. has my life really become that sad.
I spotted hank right away sitting at the bar. There were a few mutters for the other bar people when Connor walked in behind me it made me nervous. Connor must have sensed this because he put his hand on my shoulder. I flashed him a thankful look before approaching hank. 

"Hank, your getting to predictable with your bar choice" he turned around drink in hand

"Jaynie , I didn't call you to come pick me up of the floor yet" he said taking another swig of the brown liquid that was left in his glass. 

"Someone is looking for you" I nodded to Connor who had placed himself on the other side of Hank. Hank looked at him and pulled a face turning  back to you. 

"why did you bring that here" Hank groaned 

"Hello Lieutenant, My name is Connor. Im an android sent by Cyberlife we have been assigned a homicide case. Connor stood there smiling looking like a big goofball. it made my heart flutter. dammit!

"i dont need a partner thank you. fuckin Android" Hank downed what was left in his glass he gestured to the bar tender for another one. 

"How many has he had Jimmy?" the bar tender shrugged at me 

"like 7" he said handing hank a new drink 

"8 now"said Hank going to grab his drink but i was faster he turned to look at me. 

"hey give that back" he lunged for the drink in my hand I held out my finger as a warning to him before drinking the drink down and slamming the glass on the bar. I got close in hanks face

"7 drinks is 7 to many for you. now get your old man arse into gear and go and do your job, with Connor" i tried to hold my serious glare but when hank broke into a smile i couldnt help but smile too.Hank was the closest think i had known to a father, i was 6 when he took me and my sister in I couldn't even remember my parents anymore. I pushed the sad thought away as hank grabbed his car keys. I proceeded to grab them from him just like i had the drink. 

" you are not driving, you can pick your keys up tomorrow" i threw the keys to Jimmy behind the bar who put them in there normal spot behind the bar. I look past Hank to Connor who had just been watching his head slightly to the side mouth open alittle. he almost looked impressed. 

"I will take you two to the crime scene, is that ok" she asked Connor who flashed a gorgeous smile at her. 

"Thank you Jayne that would be most agreeable" Hank looked between the two of us before turning to Jimmy. 

"she really need to get laid" 

****