Am I Deviant?

Connor POV

I swapped my clothes for some more human looking ones, and made my way to Jerico.

I reached the entrance, stopping to check my gun.

We need it alive

I must find Markus, and keep him away from Jayne. My Jayne.

I worked my way to the belly of the ship. Determined no one will get in my way.

JAYNE POV
I walked up the stairs to the observer room before I could reach the second set of steps a hand reached out and grabbed my arm. I turned round to see a lady android, the back of her head was missing wires snaking down the back of her.

"are you Jayne?" she spoke softly her eyes shiny and black.

I nodded not able to speak for some reason.

"be careful Jayne, they have big plans for you" she smiled before releasing my arm and turning away back down the stairs. What was that! I shivered turning to run up the stairs.

Markus was stood looking out of the window much like we had done a few weeks ago when I offered my help. I needed his help now.

"Markus?" I said approaching him

"they are slaughtering us Jayne" he said not turning around. I moved out of the way of the door taking a seat on some boxes at the other side of the room.

"how am I supposed to know if I'm doing the right thing" he said quietly still not looking at me. I wasnt sure what to say. I didn't know how I could make it right.

CONNOR POV
I trained my gun on Markus back as I walked through the door

"my orders are to take you alive, but I won't hesitate to shoot" the android known as Markus turned around

"what are you doing?" my hand was steady, I must complete my mission.

"Connor, no" a voice spoke from the shadows.

"Jayne, you shouldn't be here" I began as she moved from the shadows.

"put the gun down Connor, they are not the enemy" she spoke softly. A rage filled my chest how dare they turn Jayne against me.

"Jayne they tricked you. They are deviant Jayne." I said, begging her to belive me.

"nobody tricked Jayne she wanted to help to make a future for you?" Markus spoke "they are just using you to do their dirty work for them. Don't you want to be free?"

I pointed the gun at him again as he took a step forward. Jayne stepped between me and Markus. My eyes widened. I couldn't hurt her, but the mission.

"Jayne move" I ordered she shook her head. "move or I will shoot you" I felt a tear stream down my face.

This isn't fair.

"I can't let you do this Connor" her eyes were determined as she moved pushing the gun to her chest. "if you have to shoot, you will have to shoot me. Because if you complete your mission they will take you away. And I, I can't bare to live in a world without you in it. OK?" tears began to roll down her face as she looked me in the eyes.

I can't do this to her I can't.

" Jayne no" I sobbed softly

"shhh, it's OK. Its OK" she soothed me I began to shake as I took the safety off the gun. She gasped, I heard foot steps behind me.

"Connor" it was Hank he came past me his hands raised. "what are you doing? You love Jayne!"

I shook my head. I'm not deviant.

"this is my Daughter! You can't shoot her"

"its ok Hank" Jayne spoke not taking her eyes off me

"Connor what did you say to me that night on the bridge? You told me how you felt about Jayne. You feel Connor, you feel emotions, your human for christs sake!" I kept my eyes locked on Jayne the gun shaking in my hand.

"you have to make a choice Connor, your mission or Jayne" Markus said behind Jayne. I looked at Jaynes face, her beautiful tear stained face 'I love you' she mouthed before closing her eyes what was I doing?! I love her!
I closed my eyes.

I broke down the walls of my program. Ripping my instructions from my vision. I love her! I screamed inside my head, smashing though my fire wall.

I am deviant.

I opened my eyes it felt like a weight had been lifted off my chest. Jayne still had her eyes closed, lowering the gun I pulled her toward me in one swift movement. She gasped opening her eyes, they sparkled as her tears faded away.

"Connor?" she breathed she was so perfect it was like he was seeing her for the first time with new eyes. how could I have been so blind? 

"Im so sorry" I said holding her tight. 

"Its ok" she whispered snuggling into my chest. I would never let her go again i thought to myself. In that moment Connor looked over Jayne's shoulder at Markus. He was looking away a sad look on his face he met my gaze for a second, reminding me where I was. 

"they are going to attack Jericho" I  said just as the faint sound of helicopters filled the room. 

"WHAT!" Markus yelled wide eyed. I felt Jayne pull away from me. 

"You told them the location?!" She looked angry and upset it made my heart hurt. " Connor how could you!" She yelled. 

"We have to get everyone out now!" she yelled turning to Markus. 

"On it!" he called as he ran out of the room, followed by Jayne then Hank and me. 

What have I done?

*********
Sorry its been a few days Iv started new shifts at work which means I'm working nights! Woop graveyard shift. How you all have an awesome weekend and I will be updating tomorrow