Homicide

" i could have drove you know" hank sulked from the front seat. 

"You are currently 3 times over the limit Lieutenant. I would not recommend you drive again for 19 hours and 11 minutes. for your own safety" Connor stated matter of factly from the back seat. 

"you should also wear your seatbelt" I giggled nudging Hank playfully. "Im a terrible driver" Hank chuckled to himself. Connor leaned forward placing his hand on my shoulder again. 

"Jayne, you should have infomed me about your driving skills. It would be safer if you pulled over and allowed me to drive" I could feel connors warm breath on the back of my neck it made me shiver. I looked at him in the mirror. 

"Connor its ok I was only joking, im an excellent driver." Hank scoffed " Can you even drive stick?" i continued ignoring Hank. 

" I can learn" he went slienct for a moment his LED turning yellow. " I can now drive stick" he said meeting my gaze in the mirror. " is there something else you would like me to learn?" a smile crossed his face causing me to turn the same shade as a stop light.  Hank shook his head at me. 

"ah christ, will you please stop flirting with the fuckin andorid" I shot hank a warning look he raised his hands in the air admitting defeat. I glanced back into the mirror Connor was still staring at me. 

....

We drove to the crime scene in silence, when we arrived there was a ton of reporters outside. Hank turned to Connor 

"You stay here." he said turning to me "And you too" he got out of the car stopping to look back at me "try not to fuck the android while im gone. i dont want to have to exsplain that in the report." he slammed the door. 

" hey Fuck you!" i shouted rolling down the window it was then I noticed Connor get out of the car. where was he going?  I watched him trail after Hank like a lost puppy. i sat for a moment in the car, Yeah I am not sitting in the car alone like a fucking taxi service for and old man and a android. I got out catching up to Connor who nodded at me. The police man stopped us as we tried to cross the police line. Hank called back to him 

"Its ok their with me" the police officer moved allowing us to cross. 

  " I told you to stay in the car" 

" I'm sorry Lieutenant, your order conflicted with my instructions. i must accompany you"Hank looked to Jayne 

"i am not a taxi service and im just going to ignore that ever you say so you might aswell save your breath" Hank mumbled something shaking his head but he let me in anyway.

It was the smell that first hit me. It hit me like a wave I covered my mouth and nose with my hoodie. Connor turned to face me placing his hands on my shoulders, studying my face. 

" Are you alright Jayne? I understand the smell can be quite over whelming. It might be better if you go back to the car." I shook my head afraid that if i opened my mouth vomit might come out. "I understand some humans dont like to be alone, if this is the case I will sit with you in the car for a short time" Connor began to rub down my arms it soothed me, as much as I wanted to head back to the car. Especially with Connor I knew I would never hear the end of it from Hank.

" Im fine Connor" i said taking the hoodie away from my face moving past him into the house

The House was a mess, even before a murder happened  here. I stayed back watching Connor work,He scanned body touching the victims blood with his fingers before placing it into his mouth. Oh theres that vomit feeling again. i thought pulling my hoodie back up over my mouth. 

Hey what the fuck are you doing?!" Hank took a step closer to Connor

"apologies lieutenant I am equipped with a biometic scanner. this is how i scan i should have warned you, it can be quite a shock seeing it for the first time" 

"Ah jeez, ok just dont put anymore evidence in your mouth" 

"got it" Connor replied. After a moment Connor got up and moved to the kitchen. Jayne followed him. I  loved to watch him work, it was fascinating to say the least. Connor turned he had caught her looking she pretended to be looking at something else. dont be such a fucking loser Jayne thought to herself, fucking lusting after an android. Jayne looked down the hall way something caught her eye. She wondered down the hall way and knelt down she observed an outline on the wall. Was there a ladder here? Jayne was so focused she didn't even notice Connor walk past her. I looked up and saw a attic hatch suddenly a thought crossed my mind. What if the android never left? I turned back to the kitchen grabbing a chair. 

"what are you doing?" Connor questioned from the bathroom. As Jayne put the chair down climbing up into the attic. 

" I have an idea" she said to Connor as she pulled herself up in one fell swoop. Thank you highschool gymnastics Jayne thought as she looked around the attic. Her eyes fell on a shadow she nodded to Connor who had followed her up. Connor moved the sheets. a manikin. Jayne let out a sign of relief almost laughing to herself. that was broken by a moving object. Jayne called out

" hello"?, she moved past Connor slightly. " We arnt going to hurt you" as we got closer a man came from the shadows, it was an android. his face covered in blood. his clothes ripped, arms damaged. 

" I didnt mean to kill him! he abused me. I couldnt take it Please" He looked terrified. 

Connor POV

Jayne moved forward toward the deviant Connor held out his arm to stop her 

"its a deviant Jayne, it murdered that man down stairs its dangerous" Connor tried to meet her gaze why had he let her come up here she was going to get herself hurt. Jayne removed my arm reaching out the deviant. 

" its ok Connor, he isn't going to hurt me are you?" Jayne eyes where kind and soft toward the deviant. "Im Jayne im not armed see" she lifted her hoodie to show her body Connor couldn't help by steal a glance. what was she doing? " Im not even a police officer, i work in IT. Please tell me your name?" Jayne moved closer toward the deviant. It seemed to relax in Jayne's presents Connor knew the feeling Jayne had the same effect on him. 

"Don't stay back!" the deviant warned, Connor readyed himself ready to protect Jayne if he needed to. Jayne withdrew slightly her eyes showed no fear only warmth toward the deviant. Connors LED flickered between blue and yellow he couldn't understand why she was treating him as a person. 

"its ok", Jayne soothed. " your damaged she pointed toward its arm " that can't feel good why dont you come back with us to the station. I can clean you up abit. You must be low on thirium" Jayne reached her hand out again this time the deviant launched himself at Jayne causing her to fall backwards. Connor pined the deviant to the wall in one smooth movement. 

"Don't you touch her" he growled. Connor felt something burst inside him he wanted this Deviant shut down. he hurt Jayne. 

  Software Instability

"please just let me go", it pleaded. Connor looked down to Jayne she was still on the floor looking up at him her bright blue eyes shone through the dark attic. 

"Connor, Jayne! what the hell is going on up there" Hank shouted from down stairs the deviant opened his mouth once more to plead with Connor but before he could Connor called out

"its here Lieutenant" 

Sorry for any spelling errors or anything Im amazingly dyslexic and I swear when I read these over they look fine lol