A Wasp In The Honeypot

CONNOR POV. 

Connor pushed through the throng of people as he chased the Deviant. 

"Lietenent stop him!" he called to Hank 

"Come here you little fuck!" Hank lunged at the deviant, but it dodged him causing Hank to fall onto the ground. "Fuck get him Connor!" hank yelled as Connor jumped over him continuing at the same running speed. 

"Police, get out of the way!" I shouted at the people crowding the entrance I kept my sights on the deviant as he ran into the road. I stopped aiming my gun at it but i couldn't get a clear shot

"shit" I continued to run after it until it ran into an alley slowing down at the end looking for a way out. 

" There isnt anywhere to go " Slowly walked to ward it my gun trained on his chest.it turned to face me " Come with me back to the police station." 

" No , i dont want to get shut down" 

" Well maybe you shouldnt have assaulted two woman" I moved closer to it 

"I just I wanted to understand " it shook its head . 

" understand what?" I said lowing my gun slightly. 

" Why he likes them more than me?" I titled my head slightly, confused 

" Who?" I questioned him fully lowering my gun. The deviants eyes shifted to the garbage bin near to him he pushed it onto me causing me to stumble. He ran past escaping in to the street. 

I composed myself running into the street after him, when i reached the direction he had ran. he was gone. 

.....

I ran back to the bar to find lieutenant Anderson and Jayne. when I reached the bar I saw Hank outside looking around for me. he threw his hands in the air when he saw me. 

" did you get it?" he looked at me. I shook my head i felt so disappointed with myself, i had failed. i should have been faster. we headed inside where Jayne was sat at the bar Mr Santoros Jacket draped around her. She looked up. 

"what happened?" she asked 

" Connor lost it" Hank sighed, frustrated. 

" Im sorry Lieutenant, i should have been more efficient" 

" Yeah well maybe if you two weren't busy dry humping each other we could have caught it" Hank looked between the too. Jayne turned a bright shade of red as she looked at Hank her face a mix of shock and embarrassment 

"but how did you..." she begun. 

"ear pieces, we were wearing ear pieces. For christ sake I will never be able to clean my ears enough!" Jayne bit her lip as she began to laugh she winced and held her side. 

" Whats wrong Jayne?" I said coming to her aid. 

"she was thrown against a wall what do you think?" Mr Santoro appeared. He moved himself between Jayne and me slinking his arm around her.  " Come up to my apartment Jayne I keep a first aid kit there"

" Im fine really, I just want to get home im exhausted"

" I must insist Jayne" he cupped Jaynes chin moving her head to look up at him. That unpleasent feeling returned when he touched Jayne. Connor wanted to punch him in his stupid  face.

"Jayne isnt going anywhere with you" i said more forcefully than i meant too, causing everyone to stare at me " Jayne should rest she has to work tomorrow" i straightened my tie. he moved away from Jayne giving me a confused look as he did so. 

" thank you Robert, but Connors right we should be going" she smiled up at him sweetly. 

" As you wish, I look forward to our next meeting Jayne" he lent down kissing her on the cheek before leaving 

"He likes you " Hank said to Jayne when Mr Santoro was out of earshot, he looked displeased.

"Hank stop!" Jayne said, looking mortified.

" I think you have competition Connor" Hank nodded. 

" Hank please, hes just being friendly" Jayne said adjusting the jacket on her shouldered lowering herself of the bar stool. 

" He only wants to get into your pants" Hank said as we watched toward the exit. 

JAYNE POV

we walked down the street to Hanks car. 

" Jayne may i ask you a personal question?" Connor said catching up to me as me I noded my reply

" What does Lieutenant Anderson mean, when he said that Mr Santoro wanted to get into your pants" Hank slowed infront of us. 

" oh its nothing Connor just forget it"  

" It means he wants to fuck her Connor" Hank yelled over his shoulder

" Hank God stop-" I started 

" I see. Do, do you want to... fuck him Jayne?" I felt my face burn why does this always happen to me 

" I don't" 

"she does" 

"Hank!" I snapped. Hank just chuckled to himself as we reached the car 

" I can think of someone she wants to fu- Ow what the fuck" I punched him in the shoulder 

" I wont tell you again Hank, Stooooppppp" I said through gritted teeth.  

....

sitting in the car I found myself thinking back to the club when Connor had pushed himself against me. 

" Connor, do you have a?" I lowered my voice so Hank wouldnt hear " a you know" 

" No Jayne Im afraid i dont know" he said in normal volume causing Hank to look at us in the rearview mirror. 

" Nevermind , doesn't  matter"

"Jayne, What are you asking? Do I have a what?" he said still normal volume his face creased in confusion

"fuckin christ, Jayne your so disgusting" He scrunched up his face in disgust

" I dont understand" Connor looked a me. 

"Forget it Connor" I said desperately trying to shut down the conversation. 

" Shes asking if you have anything down there Connor" Hank said from the front seat still looking disgruntled. Connor looked between me and Hank more confused than ever. 

"anything down where"

 God it was like talking to a kid. 

" A  PENIS! " I yelled " I was asking if you had a penis, oh god" I groaned hiding my face with my hand Connor sat back silently thinking to himself. 

.....

Thank god we weren't far from my house. I got out the car and scurried  to the front door. 

" Jayne!" Connor called getting out of the car. she turned to face him. 

" I do have a penis!" he yelled to her, and the whole street. she could see Hank brake down in laughter. I sighed to myself 

" thats nice Connor!" I called back dreading the looks I will get from my neighbours in the morning. 

*******