Friendly neighbourhood murder.

"hank. i think you better come here?" I spoke into my ear peice, a few painful mintues passed in silence as we waited for Hank. i glanced at Jayne she wasnt looking at me. the question burned in my brain, begged to be answered. 

"did you?" I ventured. 

"did I want?" Jayne sniffed. 

there was no easy way to say this 

"did you kill her?" 

"the fuck no!" Jayne yelled shoving me in the arm "scan her find a cause of death" Jayne continued just as Hank came joggin around the corner. Grinding to a halt when he saw us.

"Christ! What the fuck happened?!" He said looking from me to Jayne his eyes resting on Jayne, Jayne folded her arms.

"Dont look at me! I just found her! Don't get me wrong I was going to punch her but, well someone got here first." Jayne genstured to Amelias body. I knelt down next to the body and tested the blood that had began oosing from her mouth. 

"shes been poisoned there isn't enough of a trace to identify what kind it is, but its there"

"This has Zeltaid written all over it" Hank Said, 

"but why? Why kill her? in the middle of the party, she could have died in the room?" 

Jayne keeled down next to me, and began checking the Amelias pockets. 

"Jayne what are you doing?! stop looting the corpse I raised you better. Well, I tried" 

"You failed." Jayne said pulling out Amelias cellphone "she will have any evidence on here" Jayne unlocked her phone however it was thumb print protected. 

"Well fuck" Hank swore behind us. Jayne paused for a moment biting her lip before she unlocked the phone with dead Amelias thumb. 

"Sorry Amelia" Jayne said quitely before handing me the phone to scan through. she had hundereds of emails from her to her editer. About exsposing Zeltaid for its illegal exsperiments. there was also hundereds of missing persons reports of women that had gone missing from the city in the last few months. I scanned through the pictures of the women Amelia belived they where all connected some how. there was the videos she had taken from today, aswell as videos of us, which she had sent to someone. 

'need names on these three'

'they are all american. Old guys LT Hank Anderson, the hot chick is his God Daughter Jayne Patterson. other guy I dont know hes not registered anywhere has an Android ID though. Connor RK800 Model. pretty sure thats the one that was involved with the whole independece day thing they had over there last year'

'And Android?! holy fuck they must be involved somehow see what else you can get me thanks.' 

I gasped, opening my eyes. 

"Amelia knew who we were, she has emails to someone pictures and videos"Jayne tucked her hair out of her face behind her ears. 

"we got to get what we can and get out. this is getting way out of hand" Hank spoke up takign the phone from me and shoving it in his pocket. 

"er hello, what did you just say to me about looting?"Jayne said waving her hand and Hank. 

"We will need the infomation she had." 

"its useless with out her thumb to unlock it" I said looking up at Jayne and Hank from the floor where i was still knelt. Jayne looked at Hank and shifted uncomfortablely for a moment. 

"Do you still have that pen knife I bought you for christmas three years ago" 

"the one with the engraved handle? yeah why?" Hank eyed her suspisiosly.