Trap In My Mind

It's dark. cold. A void that seemed to stretch further than any man could dream.

Am I dead?

I can't be dead I just had a thought. A coma then? No. This didn't feel like anything I had ever exsistance before. It felt like a was stuck, my feet glued to the ground. When I tried to move it felt like I was filled with wet sand. Heavy and bulky.

"hello?" I yelled into the void. My voice echoed out, reaching no one. Where am I? Wait who am I? Jayne my name is Jayne. I felt down my body in the dark. I felt cold like mental. I turned around over and over again trying to find a way out.

I just lost hope when I heard a sound. I stopped the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. A dog barked.

"sumo?" I called out, another bark replied this time it was louder.

"come here boy" I called out, reaching into the darkness. After a moment a felt a warm hairy presence I stroked him almost wanting to cry at the friendly beast.maybe I could find a way home? Where is home?

"home is where the heart is Jayne" a soft voice spoke. I jumped clutching on to sumo for dear life. Well. Not life but you get what I mean.

"who's there? Where am I? " I called.

"come on, let's get somewhere more... Comforting"

I felt the floor give out from underneath me and before I could blink I was on the floor of a well lit room. A bedroom to be exact. I took a moment to catch my breath. Feeling down my body for injury.

"your dead Jayne. Can't get hurt if your already dead" the voice talked again I looked around, sitting up. Sumo sat in front of me. His head clocked to the side.

I looked around the room for the voice.

"sumo?" I croaked rubbing the back of mt head.

"yes Jayne" I jumped back, did? Did he just?

"talk? No not actually talk. I'm not real. Well, I am. But this me here now is just in your head."

"what?"i said blankly.

" come on!" Sumo wined" it's like every movie like ever. Your dead. Well, OK not dead like in some kind of coma and the answer to waking up is in your subconscious. You know the drill. I'm like your spirit guide or some crap" sumo barked. I was dumb founded. Sumo walked over to the door and began pawing at it wining.

After a moment he turned and looked at me

" are you going to open it? Or shall we continue this song and dance some more"

Shit I never knew sumo was so sassy. I got up quietly opening the door. I looked around I still didn't recognise where I was. Sumo slinked out into the hallway.

"come on bitch" sumo barked. I followed not knowing what else to do.

"where am I?" I asked

"you don't recognise it? It's your childhood home"

"this isn't Hanks house" I frowned as a reached another door.

"no, it's the one before that" my breath hitched in my throat as the door opened to reveal old kitchen. The smell of bacon and pancake wafted through.

"girls! Come on your going to be late" a woman's voice called.

"mom?" I felt tears in my eyes as I walked though the door to see them. My parents both of them, just siting in the kitchen like it was nothing.

"mom! Dad!" I yelled. I wanted to run to them but my body felt too heavy.

"mom!" I went to yell but someone beat me to it. I took a step back seeing a younger version of myself. No more than five maybe six. I watched as she ran past me not giving me a second look.

"good morning angel. Do you have everything ready for school?"

"umhm" the young Jayne nodded.

"why does dad have to take us to school? Im old enough to walk by myself." a young Grace moaned slumping down at the breakfast table.

"what? Don't want to spend time with your old dad?" I laughed forgetting myself for a moment. Young Jayne turned around in her seat and looked dead at me. I froze, she didn't react she just stared at me.

"come on, we have got to get going. No argument and remember your father and I are going out tonight so I want you both home stright after school for when the babysitter gets here"

Grace and dad started to pack up heading out of the door young Jayne however just stared at me still.

"cCan, can you see me?" I asked bending down to her level as she walked up to meet me. She nodded answering my question. I gasped my hand flying to my mouth. I took grip of her shoulder.

"can you tell me how I get out of here?"

"you have to find him" she spoke in a whisper.

"who? Who do I have to find? What's his name?"
Her eyebrows knitted together

"Connor, you have to find Connor" she  said as if it was the most important thing I would ever hear. And with that she pushed me backwards and I felt myself falling back I to the void.

I closed my eyes squeezing them shut. Trying to remember

Who was Connor?

*********
Was this chapter too confusing? I can't tell let me know what you think!