Amanda

Connor glanced down at Jayne, who had been sleeping soundly. Her chest was rising and falling quietly. Connor counted the breaths as he tightened his grip feeling her curves beneath his arm. 

his LED turned Yellow Connor closed his eyes when he opened them he was in his mind palace. the bird singing their song  filled his ears. he hoped he could take Jayne here one day. Connor walked along the bridge to the middle, where Amanda stood trimming her roses. 

"Amanda" he called as he approached her. 

"Connor" she replied with a soft smile before turning back to her roses. " how is the investigation going?" 

" I believe it is going well, but I connections to make still" 

"What do you make of Lieutenant Anderson?" Amanda asked still not looking at him.

" he is irritable, rude and self loathing. but he is a good lieutenant"

" unforchantly we have no choice but to work with him, what do you think is the best approach" 

Connor thought for a moment. 

"I will adapt to his personality, in order to have him work efficiently."

"And what about Miss Jayne Patterson" she said as she cut off a rose head. Connor smiled at Jaynes name. "i was surprised when your report said she would be an asset to the investigation" 

Amanda turned to Connor rose head in hand. 

" Jay- Miss Patterson is highly intelligent with a flare for computer engineering, she is a good person and seems to be able to project sympathy onto the deviants. I stand by my report she is an assets" Connor watched Amanda carefully 

" I was impressed when she located the deviant in the attic. I was less impressed when it destroyed itself"  Amanda took a few steps toward him. " she seems to have taken quite a shine to you, dont you agree Connor? Amanda looked him in the eyes. Connor thought carefully about his words if Amanda suspected any deviance in him he would be replaced and never see Jayne again. 

" I have made that observation, I believe Jayne is kind to everyone she meets Humans and Androids" 

"if Miss Patterson gets in the way of your mission we may have to consider taking her out of the equation" Amanda smiled slightly placing the rose head in his hand. 

Connor felt fear rise inside him. he couldn't let anything happen to Jayne. He wouldn't let Amanda anyway near her 

" I wont let anything get in the way of my mission, you can count on me Amanda"

...

Connor eyes flew open. he sat up causing Jayne to sturr beside him He knew what he had to do he had to pull away from Jayne. It was the only way to keep her safe. And he will keep her safe at all costs.

*********

Ooooo its heating up now haha! Just wanted to say a massive thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read my story and pushing though the horrible spelling and grammar. I really appreciate it I have big plans for where this story is going and I hope you guys keep enjoying it!