Bridge

CONNOR POV.

Snow was falling from the sky covering all it touched with a white blanket. 

Hank sat on the bench facing the water. Connor held out his hand, letting a single snowflake fall into his palm. it was perfect and unique, not another one like it in the world. It reminded him of Jayne he watched as it melted into his hand. 

"Nice view huh?" Hank called back to him I used to bring the girls here when they where little. Grace never cared for it much, but Jaynie. she loved it. 

I joined Hank at the bench. 

"May I ask you a personal question Lietenent?" I asked so many questions curlicuing in my head. 

" do all androids ask so many personal questions or is this just a you thing?" I moved in front of him 

"Why is Jayne so upset with me? I dont understand I feel like im missing something."  Hank scoffed at me taking another swig of his beer. 

"That girl is truly and madly inlove with you. Dont get me wrong I have no idea why she wants to be with a jumped little prick like you but she does." Hank stared at me. " You used to feel the same way before they wiped you" 

" I am a machine, I can not feel anyway toward Jayne." I said the words desperately wanting to believe them. Hank grumbled to himself looking as if something was bothering him. 

" you cant tell me, you dont feel anything. not an ounce of love. Jayne has put herself in front of a gun to protect you. Infact she puts her life in danger everyday. Shes not cut out for police work! but she goes out there every time you ask her. You say jump she says ok" Hank took a long swig of his drink. 

" I respect Jayne, she, she is." Wonderful, brilliant, beautiful. The love of my life. 

"You cant even admit it to yourself! Why did you let those girls go back at the eden club?"

because they reminded me of me and Jayne " I couldnt risk damaging them" 

"Lies. tell the truth."  Hank got up and walked toward me.

Jayne I love Jayne. The words swirled around my head errors popping up let and right.

" I, I cant. I dont" I spluttered as Hank pulled out his gun pointing it at me. 

" What about you Connor? You look human. You sound human, but what are you really? Man or Machine" Hanks eyes darted back and forth as if searching for an answer in mine. 

" I'm anything you want me to be, Your partner, your buddy to drink with. Someone to protect your god daughters when you feel you cant" Hank took the safety off the gun " or just a machine to accomplish a task" 

" and what would happen if i pulled the trigger Connor?" Oblivian, android heaven. 

Fear struck my heart if I died I would never be able to tell Jayne how i felt about her. I would never see her face again never hold her in my arms. My heart started to beat faster. I am a machine. I do not fear death. 

I am not deviant. I cant be. 

"Well!" Hank Yelled 

"Nothing!" I yelled into the snow. "there would be nothing. I would stop being. I would never see Jayne again. I would never hold her  feel her against my chest. I cant,  I wont let that happen I wont I love her. I wont do that to her I love her." it all came spilling out of me like a dam broken by flood. 

"shit, I never thought you would actually admit it" Hank lowered his gun fishing his hand in his pocket and pulling out his keys. throwing them to me. 

"trouble is you have admitted it to the wrong person" Hank walked off into the snow.

"Where are you going?" I called after him

"To get drunker!" he yelled back. 

********  

Thought you guys deserved a second chapter today because your all awesome! Thank you for the messages of support I love reading them!