Finding Jerico

JAYNE POV.
Connor had been acting a little weird since we got back. I tried asking him about it but he said he was fine. His Led stuck on yellow.

When I woke up the next morning he wasn't lying down next to me. I pulled my dressing gown around me, walking into the living room. He was sat upright on the sofa he made me jump slightly.

"were you out here all night?" I questioned

"not all night no" he said flatly something was bothering him.

"what were you doing?" I said turning into the kitchen to make myself a coffee. I hear him follow me we stood in the kitchen the table between us.

"I was thinking for the most part" he said I could feel his eyes boring into the back of my head.

"oh yeah?, what about?" I said trying to sound cheerful.

"you mostly. And how I couldn't bare it if anything happened to you" he answered I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I turned to him, moving around the table to lessen the gap between us.

"hey its OK" I soothed taking his hand in mine. "I'm not going anywhere"

"is there anything you need to tell me Jayne?" he spoke quickly.

"no like what?" I laughed slightly. What was he talking about he paused for a moment.

"you should get dressed the captain wants to speak to us. I will wait in the car." and with that he left. I have a bad, bad feeling about this.
.......
When we arrived we where pulled into the captains office stright away.
Hank was already there sitting with his arms crossed.

" the FBI are taking over the deviant cases" Jerry began.

"wait what. Jerry no you can't we are so close to cracking this case!" Hank said getting up.

"we just need more time sir" I begged what would happen to Connor?

"this ain't just a few murders anymore this is a fucking civil war! Hank you didn't even want this case I thought you would be happy" the captain said gestureing to Hank

"we are about to crack this wide open. Jerry come on"

Jerry held his hand up. "this isn't up for discussion. All of the evidence is getting sighed over to the FBI and the android goes back to cyber life". My mouth flew open.

" no they can't do that" I turned to Connor he looked stunned.

"he belongs to them, there's nothing we can do" anger rose up in my chest

"he doesn't belong to anyone!" I shouted I couldn't breathe they can't take him from me I won't let them. I stormed out of the captains office kicking the trash can across the office.

"Jayne" I felt Connors hand on my shoulder.

"you can't leave. Connor please." he turned me around

"I don't have a choice." I pulled away from him shaking my head this is not happening this is not fair!

"I am not letting this happen" I pushed past him my head filled with determination. I grab my gun slipping it into my holster. I left the station, Markus must be able to help me. If its a fight cyber life want they've got one.

.....

Connor POV.

I watched as Jayne left. I wanted more than anything to follow her. But I knew that if I don't solve this case and bring the deviant leader in. I would be dismantled I would die.

I leaned on Hanks desk feeling frustrated.

"I know the answer is in the evidence we collected. If we just had more time" Hank folded his arms.

"are you going to go back?"

I shifted uncomfortablely.

"I don't have a choice. I have to. They will dismantle me to find out why I failed"

"what about Jayne?" I looked away from him I couldn't lose her. Not now. Not ever.

"oh look here comes perkins that prick" Hank said turning his attention to the man walking into the office

"Hank please, I need time I know the answer is in the evidence we collected" Hank looked at me for a second.

"the key is on my desk hurry I can't stall them forever" he got up and staggered over the Perkins.

"Perkins you cocksucker!" the Lieutenant shouted. I swiped the key and headed to the evidence room.
........

"where are you going? Didn't you hear we don't need no plastic pricks around here" I turned to come face to face with Detective Reed.

"I'm registering the evidence on my person.  Don't worry Then I'm going to leave, I certainly will miss our bromance" Gavin chucked and pretended to shoot me. He turned and left.

"prick" I muttered to myself. Opening the evidence room I was met with a locked console. Hanks password.

"what would a hardboiled cynical police lieutenant choice?"

Fucking password

"of course" I chuckled to myself. I scanned the evidence trying to find a connection. My thoughts full of Jayne. How was she involved in all this? I picked up the video of Markus broadcast.

Markus.

He must have tricked Jayne somehow. The thought of him being involved with Jayne taking advantage of her in some way made Connor feel sick.

It didnt take long for me to figure out Jericos location.

I'm coming for you Markus.
********