not long

Jayne Pov. 

I looked at myself in the long hall way mirror sighing as i pulled my top down begging it to fit across my ever growing stomach. we had been at the cabin for six weeks already, it already seemed like a life time. Me and Connor entertained ourselfs with old movies, and video games and walks around the small town. 

we had belnded in quite nicely, non of the locals seemed to bothered by our presence. Connor had removed his LED with in a few days of us being here. he had tried to throw it away but i wouldnt let him. It was part of him. I must admit though he looked so human with out it. 

"everyone will be here soon" Connor said coming through the bedroom door and closing the french doors.

"dont close the doors! Im boiling" I complained. 

"Jayne its 33 f out there" He said 

"yeah, and Iam still boiling" he laughed coming over to me and wrapping his hands around my belly. 

"hows my two Favourite  people this morning?" He hummed I thought for a moment. 

"Hungary" i said simply, hunger was my main emotion these days.

"Hank said hes bringing you breakfast, they are stopping off at that place you like on the way" 

"oh my god, that sounds amazing" 

........

Hank and Kamski arrived around two hours later, along with Dr McDugal and another friendly face. 

"Markus!" I shouted throwing my arms around his neck, I felt him snuggle into my neck for a moment. I hadnt seen him since the doctors appointment, well we had talked on the phone and i had seen him on video call when we were in meeting with the president. 

"Its nice to see you again Markus" Connor said in a flat tone. 

"Always a pleasure Connor." Markus said pulling away from me looking me up and down. "look at you!" he said making me twirl 

"don't, Im huge and nothing fits anymore" I said giggling. 

"I can help with that" Hank said producing a bag I took it off him peeking inside. it was filled with maturnity clothes. "they are mostly from Grace, her old clothes" He shurgged. I gave him a kiss on the cheek 

"thanks dad" I said rummaging through the bag. 

"and we got your food" Markus said producing a bag of fast food. I grabbed it from him feeling my stomach flipping over with excitment. 

"Fuck I love you" I said taking the bag and sitting on the sofa. "Im so hungry these days" I said taking a huge bite of the breakfast wrap. Markus smiled at me, i could see he was blushign slighty. 

"as your dr I dont recommend you eat that" Dr McDugal sighed taking out with blood pressure kit. 

"and as a hungry pregnant woman, I dont recommend you try and stop me. Unless you want a foot up your ass" I sang taking another huge bite. he laughed taking my blood pressure. 

"all good, hows the sickness?" he asked I hummed a responce with my mouth full of food. 

"seems to have disappeared, she has been having some trouble sleeping. but apart from that she has more energy and it doing more" Connor replied for me. 

"thats, great most women find at the midway point they get some of there engery back, we lets get a look at baby shall we?" he gestured for me to lye back on the sofa, producing the portable ultrasound machine. the wonders of technology. 

He swished around on my belly, locating the baby. Everyone crowded round him to get a look at the screen. 

"everything seems to look good, Elijah?" he handed the screen to Kamski who nodded. 

"Hank would you mind showing the Doctor to his car?" 

"Come on Doc" Hank said 

"Oh are we done already? are you sure I cant stay?" he said as Hank led him to the door. 

"Sorry Fredrick, this is well beyond your pay grade"  kamski chuckled to him self. Once the Doctor had left Kamski jumped on me with questions. 

"any new symptoms?"

"errrrrr" 

"Connor, any new symptoms" He said ignoring me. 

"Non, Mood swings are still prominent." 

"Hey, i am right here" I said only to be ignored I looked to Markus with a what the fuck look, he laughed at me. 

"anymore muderous rages?" 

"none" 

I looked over to Markus, he didnt seems faced by the mentoin of murderous rages. Hank must have told him. I felt a wave of heat hit me like a solar flare I swore to myself quitely as Kamski and Connor continued to talk. Markus kept an eye on me. 

"shes hot" Markus called out. 

"what did you just say?" Connor snapped at him, Markus just rolled his eyes he was used to Connors jealously by now. 

"he means I feel hot, and it's true I'm boiling all the time sometimes I just want to sit in the snow said wiping sweat from my brow. Kamski looked at me closely. 

"fasinating" he said as i felt a small pinch in my arm I winced. Kamski still had to suprise me to get the blood out of me. I still wasnt used to it. 

"the fetus must be generating extra heat." He muttered before turning to Connor hading him the vile of my purple blood. " I require your assistance Connor" he said leaving just me and Markus in the living room. He smiled at me making my heart flutter. I bit my lip. 

"I, Im gonna gget a drink" I stuttered. Markus jumped up, offering me his hand to help me up. I blushed before taking it. he pulled me up pulling me closer to him as he did so. 

"markus" I warned

"What?" he chuckled stroking the side of my face, his face inches away from mine. I should move away, i thought 

"Connor is right down the hall" I said 

"im not doing anything" he smiled down at me, sliding one hand down to my waist. my skin felt like it was on fire where he was touch. "yet" he whispered 

"Stop" I breathed moving away from him. Starting to feel irritated

"Jayne, not seeing you in so long has been, eating me up inside" he started pulling me back to him holding me with his intense eyes. 

"Markus, Im not going over this again. we are friends" i said quitely. he moved close to my lips again still looking me in the eyes 

 "so why do you want to kiss me right now?" I pushed him away, once more as Hank walked through the front door. 

"that Doctor can talk- something going on?" Hank said looking between Markus and me. 

"nothing, Im going for a walk" I said pushing past them both,almost running down the hill to the direction of the town. With Hank yelling after me. 

***********