The Battle of Jericho

JAYNE POV

the whole ship was a whirl of panic, with bodies running everywhere. We came together in a hall way. North running to meet us. 

"They are coming from all sides, our people are trapped in the hold. they will be slaughtered!" She said, catching her breath. 

Markus held his fingers to his head for a moment, he must be relaying a message.

" Iv told everyone to head to the exits on the second and  third floor and jump into the river" A bang came from above us. 

"They are coming from the upper decks, we will be caught in the cross fire" Markus said 

"We have to run, there is nothing else we can do!" I yelled over the sound of screams. 

Markus paused for a moment. " We have to blow up the ship, if the ship starts to go down they will evacuate leaving our people with enough time to escape" 

"Are you fucking insane!" Hank yelled his eyes wide. 

" We dont have a choice!" Markus yelled back 

" You will never make it the exsplosives are way down in the hold, there are soldiers everywhere!"  

" shes right, they know your face they will do anything to take you down" Connor said turning to Markus. 

" Go get people out and i will join you later" Markus said starting to run in the direction of gun fire. I cant let him do this on his own. i turned to Connor, gun out of its holster. 

"Im going to" I said he turned to me eyes wide. 

"Jayne No" He said reaching for my arm. 

"Let her go Connor, shes got this" Hank nodded looking me in the eyes i could see the fear in them. but he knew me well enough to know I would go anyway. Connor pulled away from me. 

"Get as many people out as you can, and look after Hank! I Love you!" I yelled as i ran around the corner after Markus.

I ran down the hall way feelign the adrenaline surdge through my body. I saw bodies apon bodies littering the hall ways. How can they do this!? they are monsters! I came down the end of the hall way to witness a woman android being cornered by two soldiers. I readied my gun ready for a fight.  

"back the fuck up bitch!" I yelled firing my gun in to the soldiers leg causing him to fall to the ground. The other soldier turned aiming his heavy gun at me, 

bang. I was faster shooting him right through the neck. he grabbed at his neck as he fell to the ground 

"Thank you" the android cried as she ran past me. I knelt next to the soldier i shot in the leg taking his machine gun from him 

"wait your human!" he said, confused. 

"yep" I replied hitting him in the head with the butt of the gun. I ran quickly around the corner just in time to see soldiers running toward Markus 

" Markus duck!" I yelled he turned to see me his eyes wide. he fell to the floor as I opened fired on the soldiers causing the un injured ones to fall back long enough for me to get to Markus. 

"Come on" I said pulling him him and into a side room. 

" Jayne, what are you doing?" he said 

I took out my hand gun and passed it to him. "what did you think I would let you have all the fun" I headed out of the room Markus by my side. we fought our way to the explosive room. 

"you need to go now" Markus said seriously. 

"your right behind me right?" Markus was silent as he became to push buttons. "Markus!" I cried 

"Yes Yes Im right behind you, now go!"He yelled   

I ran back down the corridor my lungs burning, suddenly I was pushed into the wall hitting my head as I fell to the ground.

" ready to die bitch" he said pointing his gun at me. I took my hand away from my head it was covered in blood.

"wait your hum-"

Bang

Before he could finish his sentence he was shot to the ground. I turned toward the direction of the shot.

Connor

"Jayne, are you alright?" he said bending down to help me up his eyes full of concern.

"Im better now your here" he smiled at me noticing my head wound.

"your injured!" he pulled me up I felt dizzy for a second, Connor held me tighter as I steadied myself.

"we have to go. Wheres Hank?"

"he's fine he's with Josh and North"

Markus came running up behind us

"we gotta go!" he yelled running past us we followed him running as fast as we could I spotted Hank and North up ahead as we streamed toward them

"come on!" North yelled grabbing Hank by the arm.
"Christ on a bike!" he yelled as they moved out of view. I spotted soldiers coming up behind them. No.
They aimed there guns firing into the crowd hitting androids left and right. I charged forward anger coursing through my vains.  Knocking the soilder to the ground

He swore at me reaching for his gun but Connor was faster, saving me for t he second time today. A silence fell over the room as the shot ran out I looked around. Bodies apon bodies. A few androids had jumped already Markus guiding the last few.

" Captain Taylor, come in. Whats happening?"

Perkins you mother fucker. I picked up the radio from t he dead soliders belt.

" Captain Taylor can't come to the phone right now" I spoke calmly into the resever turning to Connor, who was standing with North, Markus and Hank they all looked at me with wide eyes

"why? Who is this?" the radio crackled back.

"why? Because he's dead. Enjoy your sinking ship you cocksucker" I said dropping the radio just as a rumble came from the underbelly of the ship so many had called home.

"Jayne Come on!" Connor pulled me to the edge

"what do we do now?" Hank said lookin over the edge

"Jump" North commanded taking his arm

"you can't be serious--jesus christ!" Hank yelled as Markus took his other arm jumping into the water below. I took a deep breath taking tight hold of Connors arm.

"ready when you are darling" I said he nodded at me just before we jumped flying through the air for a moment before falling into the freezing depths below.

***************

Bad ass Jayne is in the house people!