Lets Do This

Jayne POV.

Determined. That's how I felt right now.

I looked up at the ceiling of the hotel room waiting for Connor or to get back with food. Our plane arrived early morning at Heathrow Airport. Hank just wanted to sleep, the jet lag had got to him.

Not me though, I was buzzing. My brain felt like it was on fire, ideas shooting around my head. I have to do something. I don't want to sit here.

I sat up rummaging around My bag. The only things I brought were a change of clothes my wallet and a laptop. Laptop. Yes.

I pulled it out of my bag booting it into life. Need a password for the WiFi. I look around the room must be a password around here somewhere. After a while of searching I found it in the draw next to the bed.

It was the name of the hotel I should have guessed. I began searching the Web looking for anything we could use. A new article caught my eye.

'mega company opens new building, bringing over 100 jobs'

I clicked on the article beginning to read out loud.

"Hamilton technology clinic is set to open its doors  to the public this week.
HTC part of the Zeltaid Group is hoping to offer exciting new opportunities in way of biological technology. The new building is said to have cost the company 30 million Pound and will produce the most advanced in human modification."

I scrolled down, finding a map of the building, I zoomed in making the image fill the screen. Biological technology and human modification.

" what are you up to"i muttered. The door opened with a soft click. I jumped relaxing when Connor poked his head around the corner.

" I Brought pizza" he said triumphantly. "not sure what kind of breakfast food they would have here. So I thought pizza would be the best bet" he said placing the box on the desk at the far end of the room.
I hummed a reply as I continued to read the artical.

"Jayne?" Connor asked sitting on the bed

"hm sorry, I was reading. Pizza sounds great" I turned the laptop around so Connor could see.
"this is an article from last month about a new building that Zeltaid opened."
I watched as he scanned the article for a few seconds, before nodding.

"biological technology."he mused for a second

" its part of some  medical technology owned by Zeltaid.  I think we should start there. See what we can find"

"I agree." Connor said "but first you should eat something. It's been  20 hours, 6 minutes and 15 seconds since you ate something." he got up and offered me a slice of pizza. I took it happily from him biting into it. It was completely different from American pizza. More grease and cheese.

"has Grace contacted you yet?" Connor asked hopefully.

"I haven't checked. Hang on" I logged on to the secure satellite that we used in Canada. There was a message from Grace. A video of Carter holding Cole. I beckoned Connor to join me as I clicked play.

"say hi to mommy and daddy Cole" Grace's voice said. Carter held up Coles had and waved it at us. He looked awkward holding a baby in his arms, like he was wishing someone would take him from his arms so he could relax.

"We are having a blast without you!" Grace said turning thw camera on herself.

"mommy I want to say hi!" a voice called out

"OK ok quickly"

"hi Auntie Jaynie. You missed Uncle Carter changing Coles stinky diaper! He said it was so smelly he had to turn his smell thingy off and-" Lola chuckled

"dude no one cares its not that funny" a voice I recognised as Charlie.

"OK that enough."Grace said, turning the camera back on Cole who was gurgling happily in Carter's arms.

" see you when you get home!" grace said before the video ended.

I closed the laptop down. Connor sat quietly. I took hold of his hand and squeezed it
.
" hey, are you doing OK?" I asked, its easy to forgot that Connor was still fairly new to all of his emotions.

" I, I think" he pondered for a moment. It was times like this that I wished his Led was back in. So I could get a glimpse of what he's feeling.

"I think I will feel better, once we are home" he said finally. Squeezing my hand back looking deep into my eyes.

"I love you goofball" I whispered softly.

"I love you too, but please stop calling me goofball"

"I can't help it you've got such a goofy face" I chuckled reaching up and pinching his cheeks together for a moment before releasing them. Connor raised his eyebrow and smirked at me.

"no Connor!" was all I could manage before Connor jumped on top of me tickling me relentlessly

"you know my face was beautifully designed by a top scientist. It's friendly and approachable." he said, suddenly stopping and pining my arms above my head making me gasp.

"it was also designed to be sexually appealing" he winked at me before placing a quick kiss on my lips.

"wouldn't you agree Jayne"

"you know, all I see is goofball" I teased.

"is that so?" Connor smirked "well let's see is a change in position will make my face more attractive" he said smoothly working his way down my body.

, ********