Oh Its Happening.

Connor POV.

I gripped Jaynes hand, as we sat down waiting to be called in to see the doctor. The waiting room wasn't to full, there was a few children with obvious colds. And a elderly couple who where sat across from us. I looked at them, they were sat much like me and Jayne were right now.

I found myself wondering about the future. Jayne was going to grow old, and I was not. Would she still love me? After all that time. The elderly lady reached up and kissed her husbands cheek, there heads resting on one enough. I looked at Jayne, she was watching the couple too, smiling.

The receptionist called Jayne over, asking something about her paper work.

The elderly lady smiled at me.

"you two make a lovely couple" she cooed. I opened my mouth suddenly remembering my hat which covered my led. She thought I was human.

"thank you" I smiled "I hope we look as happy as you two do"

"its impossible to be as happy as I am son, because I have the most wonderful woman in the world" the elderly man said kissing his wife's hand causing her to playful hit his arm.

"would you like my advice?" he asked leaning over slightly.

"she is always right. And never go to bed angry" he nodded wisely.

"oh I could never be angry with Jayne" I said looking over to her, just in time to see her tuck her hair out of her face chewing on the top of the pen she was writing with.

"she's perfect" I finished.

"just you wait till you have kids. That's when the real fun begins" the elderly woman laughed. I felt the panic return to my body. What if Jayne really was pregnant and this wasn't a mistake. I know she didn't cheat on me, I can tell when she's lying.

If this wasn't a mistake, then something is very very wrong.

Jayne gestured for him to join her.

"Connor, its our turn come on" she said heading for the door.

"it was nice talking to you" I nodded getting up

"you too son" the man said with a wink.

.......

Jayne pov

God I feel sick.
Really sick.

I felt Connors hand in mine as I knocked on the door. A voice called to come In. Once entering the room we where met by a smiling woman siting at her desk. Wearing a dark grey pencil skirt and a pink polka dot blouse.

"take a seat" she hummed cheerfully. Typing on her computer. We sat on the chairs, feeling comfortable.

"right, Jayne. What can I do for you today?" she said turning to me her hands clasped together.

I opened my mouth and then closed it again. What do I even say? Connor placed a hand on my knee patting it slightly. Before pulling out the six pregnancy test I had taken earlier. Placing them onto the doctors desk.

"ah" she said typing on the computer.
"I take it this isn't a happy occasion?" she said

"we just want to make sure it's right" I said finding my voice.

"six tests don't lie Jayne. One false postive is uncommon. This many is highly unlikely" she said again typing on her computer.

"no you see its impossible!" I started.

"well contraception can fail. Its not 100%" the doctor shrugged.

"we don't use contraception" Connor stated.

"we don't need to-"i started

" I am not able to have children" Connor finished "I'm an and-"

"barren. He means he's barren" i said, this time it was my turn to finish the sentence. There was no way I was letting slip about Connor being an android.

"OK....." the doctor looked between us both "well sometimes these things happen. So I want to get you some bloods done. Get you started on a prenatal vitamin, unless you want to talk about other options?" she handed me a leaflet for abortion. I shook my head pushing the leaflet back at her.

"OK. Well if you want to go see the nurse we can get your bloods done. There will be a few day wait though. With this whole android revolution thing. We had to go back to testing the bloods ourselfs without android real time"

Just as she was done talking a nurse opened the door.

"Jayne? If you would like to follow me"

.......

I squeezed Connors hand hard. I hated needles so freaking much. I peeked over at the one she was preparing it was huge.

"Jayne, it's OK just look at me" Connor soothed. I nodded still breathing heavy

"OK Jayne, sharp scratch" the nurse said.

"oh god."i winced. Closing my eyes a small
Snap

Was all I heard. I opens my eyes turning to see Connors eye brows scrunched up confused.

" what? "I turned to the nurse looking down at my arm seeing the needle had gone.

" erm, the needle broke. It must have been defective. Hang on" she ripped open another needle preparing to prick me. I braced for impact but to my surprise the needle snapped again as soon as it touched my skin.

"OK this is weird...." the nurses said pulling another needle free from its packaging. Only for the same thing to happen again. Woah, I thought turning to Connor he looked just as confused as I was.

"so I'm going to go and get someone, wait here" she said leaving thw room.

"Jayne I think we should go"

"what why?" I asked confused.

"somethings wrong I can feel it. You shouldn't have been able to do that."

"I shouldn't be pregnant at all remember?" I scoffed.

"Jayne. Jayne, trust me. I think we need to find Kamski" Connor said taking my hand.

"kamski? Why?"

"clearly something is happening here. And the normal doctors are going to know what to do. But Kamski might. He might even know how is has happened in the first place" his tumb rubbed the back of my hand. He was right of course he was right. I jumped up out of the chair leading him out of the door.

"come on, let's go find Kamski" I said pulling him outside.

Maybe Kamski can shed some. Light on this.

*******