A family dinner

"I told you Grace is cooking this time, she wanted to" Hank sat himself on my desk while i was unscrewing a the back of a broken tablet

"why would you let her do that!" Hank yelled. "she cant cook" 

" I know she cant cook, but shes been doing really well lately, and she wanted to do something nice. and its been ages since we all sat down together." 

"There is a reason for that." hank grumbled. looking grumpy. "Im going to have to get really drunk before this disaster" 

"Hank! No!" I snapped at him. "Grace is in recovery, you can not show up to this drunk" 

"So I cant drink now!" Hank huffed like an angry toddler. " so not only do i have to drag my ass over the other side of town, to be poisoned. I have to do it sober." God he was grumpy today. 

"Hey it wont be that bad, Connors coming too." He rolled his eyes 

"can you not be away from each other for five minutes? its vomit inducing" he huffed. 

It had been about 2 weeks; 1 week 5 days 17 hours and 37 minutes if your Connor. Since we had said we loved each other. So far things had been going well, we hadn't had sex yet I didn't want to push Connor into anything, and honestly I was nervous that I wouldn't meet his expectations. or worse be able to keep up with him. 

"Come on you love him really. I'll make dessert? anything you want?" I watched Hank soften alittle. 

"can you make that chocolaty pie thing you do at Christmas? ooo and those little sugary dount things what are they called?" he turned to me 

"Donuts? Yeah sure. Any more stereotypes you want to embrace?" I chuckled 

"Alright smart ass" Hank chuckled. 

...........

I stood at the stove looking into the chocolate covered pot I took it off the heat and tasted it. It still wasn't right I must have left something out. 

"Connor!" I yelled

"yes?" he called back from the bedroom.

"can you come taste this and tell me what's missing? I called back what was he doing? He appeared in the door way wearing just his underwear.  I blushed slightly. God he's gorgeous. A smile crept onto his face as he caught me staring.

" what am I tasting exactly?" 

I held up the pot as he walked over slipping his arm around my lower back.

"its my chocolate pie filling iv missed something, which of these three things is it?" I pointed to the ingredients on the counter.

He dipped his finger in and thought for a moment. Before pointing to one of the ingredients.

"that one" he said giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"mmm, I love it when you do that. I need to jump in the shower" I said turning to face him kissing him on the lips gently.

"care to join me?" Connor looked at me confused for a moment

"why would I join you. I am clean" he said matter of factly. I shook my head heading toward the door.

"that's a shame because I was hoping you would be... Dirty" I winked at him before trotting off into the bathroom.

Connor POV. 

I followed Jayne into the bathroom, she was already in the shower singing to herself. 

  You've got your eyes closed, such a temper
Been so long that you can't remember
How it started, how they took you down
You got your wings up, now they're laughing
You're the food at the feast that that they are having
And you know running away doesn't prove them wrong