Adam You Motherfucker!

Connor POV.

I ran out of the room everyone hot on my heels. When I reached the office Adam and the baby were gone so was the bag and all of the things Grace had brought with her. Only stopping for a moment I  broke out into a fast run until I was outside where I almost  slipped into the snow.

Where had they gone? Why had Adam taken him? Home maybe? But why wouldn't he say anything? Some foot prints let a trail in the snow. I scanned them

Make fine head sneakers, size 10.

I followed them, sensing Hank behind me.

"he went this way" I called

"what the fuck is he playing at" Hank growled. As we met in the middle of the parking lot were the tracks stopped.

"he got into a car and drove off, wheels spinning. He head left out of the station" I bent down to get a better look at the tire marks.

"he was running. Look at how far apart the foot prints are" Hank continued squatting down beside me.

I scanned the tired marks.

Model: BMW 530D 2017

"hes in an manual car" I stated looking to Hank

"he's was clearly trying to get away quickly. And he's not heading to Jayne or Grace's if he went left"

"and a manual car can't be tracked as easily as a auto. Fuck this has got to be Zeltaid " I swore my fists balled up pure rage pumped through my body. Grace came running over to us almost slipping

"iv been calling him his phone is disconnected what's going on? "

"I'm gonna put  out a APB for the cocksucker, see if we can cut him off" Hank started to run back to the station

"grace did he mention were he lives? Or anywhere he would go" I said almost shaking her in desperation the was no way I was going to let this bastard take my son. He was the last connection to Jayne I couldn't, I wouldn't lose him to.

"i dont know! Wait! I have a key for some apartment down town" she trusted a key into my hand.

"Connor? Is this that Zeltaid place Jayne told me about? Was, is Adam with them?" Grace continued.

"I think so, we have to find him. He has the baby."

"I let that motherfucker into my home, my girls. Holy shit! This is all fault. Fuck how could I have been so stupid" grace kicked a neighbouring car. I should have comforted her, it wasn't her fault. But the time was slipping away

.......

I ran back to the station to inform Hank of the plan to check out Adams apartment

"great, let's go get this son of a bitch" Hank said pulling on his Jacket.

"I hate to be a buzz kill. But I need to move, Jayne" Kamski said with a nervous cough.

I didn't want to think about Jayne it was to painful. She was gone, dead or as good as. The baby was not.

"I can help you move Jayne and get her more comfortable. If that's OK with you " Markus said looking pointy at me

I nodded to him "I know you will be careful with her" I said a lump forming in my throat.

He nodded at me our eyes connecting saying a thousand unspoken words. He had lost her too. He loved her, sure in a different way to me completely, but it was still a loss.

"North, can you help me pack up the supplies" Markus asked breaking the silence, but not the eye contact.

"sure" she said placing a hand on his shoulder "when you find this fucker, give him a kick to the balls from me".