oh Canada

Jayne Pov. 

I moved the curtains out of the way so i could watch the street. it was a quite night, only person out seemed to be the middle aged ginger man who lived across the street. he was putting something in his mail box at the end of his garden. he dropped something on the ground i could see his irrtation even from here. how i wished that was me, getting irritated over something so minor. I turned back to the living room, leaning against the window ledge. 

"can you please help me pack" Connor sighed as he carried in a large suitcase, throwing it down onto the floor. I stayed silent, i didnt want to leave this was my home, i had built my life here. it felt like we were letting them win, running and hiding like cowards unstead of standing our ground. 

Connor looked to me for a moment, I didnt meet his gaze. he left for a few minutes coming back with clothes for me, he knelt down and began folding them neatly. 

"fine, I will pack for you" he said curtly. things had been strained between us the last few days. I knew he only wanted me to be safe. he had agreed to Canada without even talking to me first, as soon as Kamski said it. even though he offered us a few days to think about it, Connor just agreed it there and then. He didnt even want to know my opionon, it was his way or the highway. 

I strode over unpacking the clothes he was packing. he sighed in frustration. 

"Jayne would you stop!" he took the clothes back from the floor shoving them in to the suitcase. only for me to throw them out again. 

"we are going to Canada! do you really think im going to need these?" I yelled holding up a pair of shorts. he frowned rolling his eyes as a reply. 

"exactly " I said throwing the shorts to the ground. 

"im only trying to help" He said through gritted teeth. I scoffed stepping over the suitcase heading into the bedroom. 

"what?" He called after me I ignored him picking out some jumpers, 

"would you talk to me please" 

"Oh like you talked to me about hiding in Canada you mean?" I spat. " I want to stay here Connor" 

"there isnt anything to talk about, this is the most logical option" He shrugged taking some of my underwear and leaving. 

angry. he was making me very angry. 

"dont walk away from me!" I yelled, following him out into the hall. "Hey!" I threw my jumper at him hiting him in the back of the head. he flew round dropping the underwear he was carriering. 

"Fucking stop! your acting like a child!" He yelled at me. 

"I would rather act like a child, than act like iv got a stick up my butt. this is the most loical option" I said, mocking him 

"Go and pick some clothes out, Hank and Kamski will be here soon" he said trying to sound calm  me and Connor had never had a fight before, i wanted to stop. i really did, but i was so angry. angry at him, angry at myself, angry att he world that couldnt seem to stop off loading its shit onto me. 

"Im not running away!" I yelled. 

"So what!" Connor yelled back closing the gap between us. "your going to stay here, and have Zeltaid come kill you while you sleep! Because they will, they wont stop Jayne" 

"So we stop them!" I screamed " not running away and hiding " 

"how! How do we stop them Jayne?" 

"I dont know! anythign is better than hiding" I could see Connors face fill with rage as he turned shaking his head storming into the living room picking the clothes up as he went. I followed him.