Epilogue

Jaynes house hadn't seen much light since the... incident. Grace, Carter and the girls had been staying there. Mostly to look after little Cole, but Grace found the smell of her sister comforting. It reminded her of a happier simpler time

Grace sat at the kitchen table, feeding Cole or atleast attempting to, as Cole was more interested in wearing it.

He gurgled and giggled as Grace airplaned the food into his mouth. Only stopping as the front door opened.

"is Jayne here?" Carter asked before taking his jacket off and wondering over to join Grace.

"she's in the shed. So just don't go out there." Grace warned as he bent down to kiss her on the cheek.

"is she still not up to seeing" he gestured to his face, a face that haunted Jayne. He understood why, it upset him too sometimes causing mirrors to be broken. Grief was a funny emotion Carter thought. In some it brought out anger. In others just sadness. He thought about the last time he saw Hank and how he hadn't moved from his bed.

But in some couldn't face facts and choose to live in denial. Much like Jayne.

"how long has she been trying today?" Carter asked

"since 4 this morning. She won't stop determined she will fix him. I'm scared for her Carter"

Carter wrapped his arm around her giving her a light squeeze.

"why don't you take her out some food? Maybe she will take a break"

Graced hummed a reply getting up from her chair.

"and in the mean time..." Carter said in a sing song voice picking up Cole and bouncing him happily "me and Cole here are going to have a bath. Arnt we? Oh will you give this to Jayne? She asked for it" he said pulling out a small tube from his pocket.

"what is it?" grace asked taking it from him.

"it's a thermodynamic flux echo functional tube"

"glad I asked"

........
Its been almost 7 weeks since the incident in London that led to  the Zeltaid Group to dissolve and go into administration. The question on everyone's lips is weather the androids among the population will be able to gain access to spare parts to repair themselves, with Zeltaid gone. Only time will tell.

Jayne clicked off the radio turning back to her work table. Her eyes were heavy, dark circles hung beneath them.
She put the pieces she was working with down to rub them, looking into the small mirror she had. She could see his lifeless body on the table behind her. She stared at it for a moment before picking her tools and beginning to work again, quickly.

She reached quickly for something across the work bench causing her to wince in pain from her nowhere near healed wound

"you know, when the doctor said complete bed rest, this isn't what he ment" Grace entered the shed, rushing to grab her sister. Who almost immediately shrugged her off and continued with what she was doing.

"I can rest when he wakes up" Jayne mumbles not looking up from her work.

Grace stands there for a moment. Unsure what to say. Or do. She placed the tube that Carter had given her on the work bench next to Jayne.

"Carter left you that"

Grace turned to leave, giving up on her sister with a heavy heart.

"he wouldn't want this for you" Grace said turning back around to look at Connors lifeless body.

"I know." Jayne whispered "but I have to try"

"haven't you tried enough" Grace said spinning round. "maybe it's time to let go"

Jayne didn't answer she was to busy putting the tube carefully into the component she was repairing. Grace continues to talk but Jayne couldn't hear.

She handled the component carefully in her hands. She had been waiting for a thermodynamic flux echo functional tube to come up. Repair parts where in such short supply now. If this didn't  work. She wouldn't have anywhere else to turn.

Jayne turned round in her stool and walked over to Connor.

"what's that?" grace asked.

"the last hope"

Jayne placed the component into Connors chest, moving wires and other delicate things out of the way. It felt like hours as she hooked him up. She held her breath as she closed him up. The damage had been huge to both him and her.

Jayne let out a shaky breath, before turning him on.

Nothing.

A silence fell over the room. A deep dark silence.

"its time honey" Grace said, attempting to pull Jayne into a hug.

"Get out"

"Jayne" Grace started.

"get out get out get out get the FUCK OUT! NOW!" Jayne screamed, pushing Grace out of the shed. Before collapsing onto the floor. She stared at his body tears streaming down her face. When suddenly a twitch of the hand.

Jayne pulled herself up of the floor.

" Connor? " she said rushing toward him cupping his face in her hand.

"Connor wake up! Wake up you tin can twat! Come on!" Jayne closed her blue eyes. Had she of kept them open a second longer she would have seen a pair of brown eyes open.

"please come back" Jayne whispered her eyes still closed. She felt a warm hand press against her cheek she jumped in shock her eyes flinging open.

Before another word could have been Connor pulled Jayne into a kiss. A kiss that was desperate, loving and tear filled. The whole world didn't matter.

"you took your time" Connor said after a second

"I swear to god if I wasn't so happy to see you right now I would punch you"

The two sat in there, interlocked with each other for a while. Just a small while, they thought about their future. How it seemed bright and full of endless possibilities.

Finally something that's fair.

*********

That's it guys omg. I can't belive iv finished a whole book! Thank you for putting up with me for so long. This is a great achievement for me and I'm so proud of it.

Let me know if you have any questions about the story or me.

And maybe I could write a little spin off in the future who knows.

Peace bitches ✌️