Hold On

JAYNE POV.

I pull up to the town square where t he protest was taking place. There was cars and other items pulled around to create a barrier. A helicopter circled in the sky, a few journalists stood behind a barrier a few meters away.

"Jayne!" I turned around to see North stood on top of a dumpster. She waved me over. The dumpster was pushed away slightly to let me in.

"where is Connor" a voice called out. Markus. He jogged over to us.

"he's coming, with an army we just have to hold out a little while longer"

"you shouldnt be here Jayne. They will attack us any minute" another voice, Simon. He joined us as well as Josh.

"Simon is right, you need to leave" Markus grabbed my arm I tugged it away.

"I'm not going anywhere" I yelled

"can you just do what your told for once" he rubbed the back of his neck looking deflated.

"never" I smirked Markus stood there for a moment before his lips curled into a smile.

"guys?" North said from the top of the dumpster.

A agent was standing a little way he called out that he wanted to talk to Markus.

"don't go Markus, it could be a trap" North said sounding worried.

"I have to. I need to make them listen" and with that he jumped onto the dumpster leaving the barrier to talk to the agent. I couldn't let him go out there alone. Before I knew what I was doing I was leaving the barrier. I got closer the agent. I knew I regonised him, Perkins.

"Perkins you mother fucker. What are you doing" I walked up to meet them.

"Jayne what are you doing?!" Markus turned to me with wide eyes.

"your on the wrong side Patterson" Perkins smirked.

"suck my dick, release the androids in the camps this has been a peaceful protest" I clenched my fists.

"I can't do that. What I can do is offer you a deal"

"what deal?" Markus asked.

"hand in what is left of your people, and you will be given freedom Markus. To live among the humans" my mouth fell open there was no way he was going to accept that.

"you expect me to abandon my people?"

Perkins just shrugged "it's your choice"

"never" Markus spat turning to leave I stuck my middle fingers up in Perkins face.

"bitch" he muttered

"prick" I said turning back toward the barrier.

"what now?" North said as we joined the rest behind the barrior

"we wait, Connor will be here soon"

A grenade flew over the barrier Markus pushed me away causing me to hit the car that was part of the barrier. A ringing filled my ears as I witnessed the scene that unfolded around me. Soliders evaded the barrier, killing anyone in their way it was like time was moving slowly.

I couldn't think. I had to move, I ran jumping on the nearest soliders back causing him to stagger sideways allowing an android to escape. He threw me off his back turning pointing his gun at me. Sound  return to my ears as I heard Markus yell my name. Markus threw trashcan lid at the solider to fall Down. I scrambled up running toward him.

He held me in his arms for a split second. Before kicking a dumpster to cover some androids who where being shot at.

"Come on!" he yelled as we ran for better cover. We where out numbered what could we do? I looked to Markus he looked around unsure what to do. Come on Connor! I screamed in my head.

Before we could do anything about it we where surrounded. I looked around there was only a few of us left. We huddled together. Holding hands as the soliders closed in guns trained on us. I love you Connor. I thought gripping tighter to Markus hand.

If this was the end I wasn't going to go out silent.

Hold on just a little while longer

Everything will be alright.

Soon we where all singing together the some of the Soliders has lowered there guns listening to the song.

Sing on just a little while longer

Everything will be alright
Everything with be alright

I looked up in the sky the news helicopter was shining its light on us, watching us.

Fight on just a little while longer

Everything will be alright.

Markus sang the last note. Plunging us all into silence, the only thing left was the helicopter wiring. We all waited for our end. I closed my eyes.

Nothing happened. I opened them again. The Soliders began retreating, I turned to Markus.

"did we do it?"

"I think so" he said, looking confused as I was.

"look!" North yelled pointing.

Connor came marching toward us with all the cyber life androids following him. My heart jumped into my mouth I ran into the street. Stopping to take him in for a second. He had removed his tie.

I ran to him as fast as I could completely forgetting everything. It didn't matter. He mattered.

"Jayne!" he called as I jumped into his arms wrapping my legs around him kissing him deeply. A bright light shined on us, it was the helicopter Connor put me on the ground holding my waist.

Shouting came from where the journalist were cordened off.

"hey your human!"

"are you inlove with an android?"

The police moved them away.

"I think we might have just started something" he chuckled placing his forehead on mine.

"I think you might be right"

"Jayne, Connor!" North waved us over to a stage as all the androids gathered around Markus, North, Simon and Josh.

"come on" I wrapped my fingers around Connors hand pulling him onto the stage.

Was this is? Was this really the end
*******