And So Child Was Born

Jayne POV.

It had been one hour and forty-five minutes since Connor had left, and I was still sat in the same place in the kitchen.

Hank and North had gone out looking for him. Markus offered to, but I told him not to be stupid.

I have never felt so heartbroken in all of my life. I had hurt Connor. I hurt him bad, fuck I was so stupid. I felt pain all over. Mostly in my stomach, I figured I was tense. I need a distraction.

"I should be out there looking" I shook my head.

"let him stew for awhile, he will come back" Grace shrugged.

"he just needs to cool down" Markus offered. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't even if I tried. The pain in my stomach swelling slightly before dying away.

"for what it's worth. I'm sorry" Markus said quietly. I could tell he was being sincere, he didn't want any of this to happen. I come to a slow conclusion, this was my fault. I should have never kissed Markus. It didn't matter what I was going though at the time. There was no excuse.

The front door opened. I rushed into the living room. Was it him?

"we have looked everywhere" North said. I sunk down into the sofa Hank knelt in front of me.

"Jayne think is there anywhere he would go?" hank said I shook my head trying to think. The station... It had to be the station.

"what about work. Its the only other place he would go. I'm sure of it" I said pulling my self up feeling another wave of pain crash against my body. Getting up must have been harder than I thought.

"OK, OK we will check there. You stay here-"

"I'm coming with you" I said, cutting him off heading for the door. grabbing Connors present before reaching the door.

We looked at each other for a long time.

"erm no, Hank she can't go anywhere. Tell her!" Grace yelled. Hank held up his hand. All the while keeping eye contact with me. He knew he couldn't stop me, it was the same look he used to give me as a kid. When he was trying to punish me for something.

"fine."he spoke finally" but I'm coming to"

"Hank you can't be serious, Jayne your like five seconds from giving birth you can't just-" before Grace could finish her sentence we were out the door

.........

"We will find him" Hank said as we pulled off from a stop light. the roads where quite, of course it was Christmas day. Everyone was spending it with their families, just like we should be. 

"I know" I said quitely. I winced clutching at my stomach for a moment. "fuck" I whispered. what the hell was she doing in there!

"Are you ok?" Hank eyed me concern across his face. 

"Fine" I said through gritted teeth. 

we arrived at the station, the parking lot was empty apart from one car I wasn't sure whos it was maybe they have seen Connor . I felt a pang of worry, if Connor wasn't here then I had no idea where he was.  

"can you just stay here? If Connors in there i want to talk to him alone." Hank frowned 

"you sure?" he huffed, I nodded giving him a kiss on the cheek before I left. 

I walked in to the reception area, my legs felt like jelly. I wanted to be sick. Pain radated in my stomach, I thought I might actually pass out. I grabbed on to the desk for support. breathing heavy. my head spinning.  A sharp pain hit me in my back. I yelped out in pain. Soon my yelp turned into a scream. I heard foot steps come running from the office. my head was leaning on the reception desk now my arms either side covering my face as I rocked back and forth trying to ease the pain.