Stay The Night

I can't believe I fainted. I fucking fainted. I looked around the hospital room all clean and white. Connor stood by my bed his eyes closed flicking his coin from left to right. Hank sat on the small chair next to the bed he didn't look too happy with me.

"this is silly. I'm fine I show no signs of concussion and I'm not bleeding anywhere you didn't have to take me to the hospital"
Hank crossed his arms over his chest.

"you are staying put until the doctor says your fine-- will you knock that off" he shouted at Connor who caught his coin in between his fingers.

"I'm sorry lieutenant" he said putting his coin in his pocket. I can't believe he just ran out to save me like that.

The doctor opened the door coming in looking at his holographic clipboard.
"well we got your CT back and there doesn't appear to be any damage or internal bleeding" the doctor started

"see" I said gesturing to the doctor. " Im fine"

"however, your blood sugar is low. And your blood work has come back that you have  anaemia"

"what does that mean?" Hank sounded worried.

"it means. You if you insist on running into a busy highway, eat something first." he held out two prescription bottles. "I'm prescribing you a antihistamine to help you sleep. And some iron tablets to help the anemia"

"is she OK to go home, doctor?" Connor asked the Doctor nodded

"just make sure someone stays with her tonight incase she starts to show signs of a concussion. It's rare but sometimes these things can have a delayed effect." and with that the doctor left signing something on his clipboard as he went.

"well that was worth the five hours wait. To be told I'm fine in five minutes" I sighed jumping off the bed 

"I will accompany you home Jayne" Connor said appearing at my side he offered his arm to me

"I'm fine Connor, honestly I will be fine."

"like christ you are. Look, as much as the thought of you too shacked up for the night makes me sick. Connor doesn't sleep, he can look after you. Like the doctor said" Hank placed a hand on my shoulder

"fine. Well I hope you like old romance movies Connor because that's what we are going to be watching tonight" I said seeing Hank roll his eyes out of the corner of mine

....
CONNOR POV

Jayne said that she was going to make a drink when we arrived at her home
"I will make it Jayne. The doctor said you should rest" before Jayne protest I  made my way into the kitchen. After a few moments I heard the sounds of  awkwardly plucked guitar strings. I turned back to the living room. Jayne had picked up a powder blue guitar  that had been laying up again the living room wall, and was playing a few notes her fingers fumbling  . They didn't sound quite right Jayne sighed placing the instrument next to her pulling out her phone scrolling looking for something. 

"I did not know you played an instrument" he said gestureing to the discarded guitar placing the drink on the table

"oh I don't. I'm trying to learn but as you can hear it's not going well" She chuckled 

"you enjoy singing" he said thinking back to when he heard her sing in the shower. "your voice is very beautiful" he said quietly

"oh it's alright, you will probably get sick of hearing me after awhile. I'm always singing to myself" she blushed shyly making connor heart skip a beat. He had become used to that happening around Jayne. he thought back to when she was limp in his arms how scared he had been.  He pushed the thought as down as it would go.

"may I try?" he asked she nodded handing him the guitar and her phone. I scanned the phone learning the cord and finger moments of the song she was trying to play after a few attempts I managed to play the correct tune.

"Connor that's amazing" Jayne said she didn't take his eyes off him as he continued to play

"god I love this song" she said sitting back into the sofa. She began to sing softly to herself. I watched as she grew louder as she gained confidence.  She looked happy, really happy. Connor couldn't help but smile. The song finished Jayne laughed nervously not meeting his gaze.

"your a man of many talents connor" she said eyes gleaming. A moment passed between them

"Im going to get ready for bed" she spoke softly before leaving the room. Connor had to follow her. Not because he couldn't stand being away from her but because it was vital to his mission that she stayed safe to be able to work.

"CONNOR WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET OUT I'M CHANGING!" Jayne shouted as he entered the room

"I was instructed to watch over you and make a note of any signs of concussion. I'm not leaving" he said bluntly praying she wouldn't make him leave

"your such a perv" she said giggled 

"I'm not a.... Perv" he said blinking confused.

"just turn around" she said.

 I did as I was told looking to my left  into the full length mirror; that stood off to the side. I saw Jayne turn around pulling her shirt over her head. Her skin looked so smooth. He wanted to touch her with even wire in his body. She slipped off her jeans to reveal pale purple lacy panties that clung to her shape. Connor could feel his breath get caught in his chest has Jayne un hooked her bra.

I looked away from the mirror feeling my cheeks blush. What was happening to me?

Software instability

" I wasn't going to fall and die your know" he turned around Jayne was now fully dressed in lose shorts and a vest top. Connor eyes fell to Jaynes chest he looked away quickly.

"are you sure about that" he said with a smile.

"did you just make a joke?" said Jayne coming closer to him

"I believe I did" 62 cm closer and he could kiss her.

"I never thanked you for saving me today" she said moving closer. 42 cm.

"you don't have to thank me" he said as she took another step toward him
20cm.

"thank you, Connor" she reached up to kiss his cheek. 3cm.

 Connor moved his head slightly causing Jayne to kiss him on the corner of his mouth.

Software instability

JAYNE POV.
It was a hour later and Jayne still had butterflies I can't belive I almost kissed him. They where sat on the bed watching old romance movies their hands touching. She looked up at him, heart fluttering. A  yawn escaped my mouth causing him to meet my gaze.
"you should sleep Jayne" he said I couldn't argue I was tired.

 I climbed into bed laying down. I felt him shift from the bed. Be brave I thought to myself

"Connor, come lie down with me?" I said softly turning away from him

"I... OK Jayne" I felt his weight lay next to me. The foot between us felt like an ocean.

"is this OK?" he whisperd into the dark.
Be brave.
"you can come closer if you like" my heart felt like it was going to explode as I felt his warm breath on the back of my neck.

"like this..." he said.

Be brave.
I reached back taking his arm and wrapping it around my waist. Pulling him as close as I could.

"like this" I said the seconds past like hours

"good night, Connor" I said softly into the dark.

"good night, Jayne" he said back my heart fluttered again when he said my name.
Oh fuck. I was inlove with an android.
And I was in deep.

.....