Part 5 |WE KICK SOME ASS|

I find myself arriving at the stream, but I'm not the first to get here

I find myself arriving at the stream, but I'm not the first to get here. Peter is already here and he is surrounded by three wolves, trying to keep them at bay while his sisters hang on top of a tree. They must have climbed to escape the wolves. Smart. 

I unshed my sword and run to his side to help. One of the wolves recognizes me and laughs as I approach.

"Come to die again girl?" he taunts.

If it is the same foul beast that injured me not so many nights ago, Maugrim, now standing in front of Peter.  What are the odds? 

"The only one dying today is you, just like your friend," I tell him trying to control my anger as I take a step forward to help Peter, but I am intercepted by another wolf.

"Come on!" Says Maugrim as he barks and growls at Peter, ignoring my coment. "We've already been through this today. We both know you haven't got it in you." He growls at Peter as he and the other wolf surround him.

If I am to help him, I must first deal with this one. I can do that. It's not like I haven't killed a wolf before. 

"Peter! Watch out!" I hear Susan shout from ontop the tree, but focus on my task at hand. 

"Let's see if you still got it in you," The wolf in front of me barks. 

Oh, I've got it in me. Just you wait and see. 

I hear the other wolves growl in the distance. Something's going on, but I'm far to busy to worry about them right now. It's all about him and me, and if I'm to kill him I need to be concentrated. These wolves are fast beasts. 

I aim a slash of my sword at his side, but quick as lightning he turns around, eyes flaming and mouth wide open in a howl of anger. If he had not been so angry that he simply had to howl, he would have gotten me by the throat at once. 

The howl makes me hesitate and then everything happens too fast. He lunges at me and I duck just in time taking a couple of steps forward and stick my sword in his belly. I feel as his warm blood falls on me but I don't bother to clean my face. A groan of pain escapes him and I whirl around while he lands to stab my sword at him again and again and again until I amm sure he is dead.

I catch my breath as I take my sword off him and turn towards Peter to help, for I hear his sisters cry out his name, but as I turn towards them I find Peter has already killed Maugrim and Aslan has the third wolf pinned down underneath his paw. 

Around us some Narnians have gathered, arms on hand, but we have already killed both wolves. 

Susan and Lucy have come down from the tree and are hugging their brother, who lays sitting down next to the body of the wolf Maugrim. Still holding his sisters Peter finds me and mouths the words thank you with a grateful expression on his face, to which I reply with a couple of nods and proceed to clean my blade.