Part 61 | MURDEROUS GIRLFRIEND |

22 May 1002

22 May 1002

PETER'S POV

It was dark and windy as we waited for the right moment to attack. The troops were in position, archers, centaurs, cavalry, and the rest. The siege on the witch's castle began the day after Imira left. So far we had been successful,  meaning nothing has gone wrong, however, this is just a temporary solution, we need to find a permanent fix. 

"What's taking her so long?" Edmund asked for the hundredth time since Imira left.

Ed was ridding Philip next to me and was in full armour, just as I. He has been waiting, very impatiently might I add, for Imira's return with Firestream. You see Edmund... ah, Edmund wasn't all that supportive of the siege. And quite honestly, at this point, neither am I. Sure, it had been my idea, and in thought, it sounded quite clever, however in practice... not so clever after all. A fact which he loved to keep reminding me of. You see the fault with my plan was that the castle was surrounded by water, meaning an endless supply of food and beverage for the rebel troops, rendering the siege pointless by now. However, I can't just stand down. Not now. No, that wouldn't look very good. I have started this siege and now I have to see it through. Remind me to listen to Edmund next time. 

"It is a long journey to the mountain, King Edmund," Philip pointed out, to which Edmund only nodded. 

"If she's not here in an hour, we'll start without them," I replied. I really didn't want to, seeing our chances are far greater with a dragon on our side, but if she's not here soon then she probably won't make it in time. 

"Very well then," Ed replied. "I'll go survey the troops. Come on Philip," 

Over an hour later, seeing Imira and her dragon friend where nowhere to be found, we started the attack. Gryphons with rocks, a few catapults here and there, some fire to draw the enemy out. The plan worked perfectly, and after having set the western sector of the castle on fire, the enemy was left with no other option but to face us. 

It all goes well at first, but then things take a sour turn. They must have called for reinforcements because a horde of them comes at us from the eastern wood, trying to circle us in, and for a second I am baffled. How is it they still manage to have larger numbers?!? I just can't wrap my head around that. Haven't we killed enough of them already? 

"Ed! Take a battlement and protect the eastern flank!" I shout over the fighting. 

"On it! You take care of those giants. They are devastating our fauns!" He shouts back before hurrying off. 

Pesky giants. 

I get Oreius, some minotaurs, a group of archers, and a few felines to help me fight the giants. It's just three of them, but still, they are enough to give us trouble. Now, giants may be dumb, but they are a challenge to take down. The trick is to get at their legs and throw them off balance. But first, we need to separate them.