Part 50 | I'M NOT AN IDIOT |

10 April 1002

10 April 1002

Imira headed to Peter's tent, easily walking in past the guards, and found him talking with Edmund. 

The night before the enemy had attacked their camp. A pack of werewolves snuck into the camp and tried to take out the kings and queen. The alert had been sound, luckily, so they woke up. After peaking outside their tent, Imira told Lucy to get dressed as she looked for her sword, but she couldn't find it because she had given it to Scyleia to sharpen before dinner. A decision she immediately regretted.

"Do we stay here or should we go?" Lucy asked as she tied her belt with her dagger and cordial around her waist. 

"We can't stay, it is far too obvious who this tent belongs to," Imira said, picking up her crossbow, "We'd be sitting ducks," 

"Then what do we do?" Lucy asked. 

"We get to the horses and we flee," Imira said. She had to protect Queen Lucy at all costs. 

"What about Edmund and Peter?" Lucy asked. 

"They can handle themselves, I'm sure they'd say the same," Imira said, hiding a knife in her right boot. "Alright, come on," 

Outside there was mayhem. Werewolves running around, Narnian guards chasing them, tents on fire. 

The girls had to make their way across camp hiding behind tents and barrels and wood crates to reach the horses. Imira used her crossbow to shoot at harpies and bat-like creatures that roamed the skies trying to clear a path. 

"Let's go," Imira whispered as he pulled Lucy up behind her. 

They ran to the next hiding spot, unfortunately, a werewolf spotted them and ran after the girls. 

"Imira!" Lucy yelled as she saw the wolf running at them. Imira turned, but the wolf was too close. She tried to shoot at it with her crossbow, but the werewolf knocked it out of her hand with his claws, leaving a wound across her abdomen. 

"Lucy!" Imira shouted as the werewolf loomed over the young Queen, but then a blade emerged from the wolf's chest, making the beast howl as its life slipped away. The werewolf fell on his left side and Sir Nick Threston was revealed to be the owner of the sword. 

"Queen Lucy, are you alright?"  Nick asked. 

"Yes, but Imira..." 

"I'm alright," the princess said. 

"You're hurt," Nick said helping her up. 

"I'm alright," Imira repeated. 

"Stubborn," Nick mumbled. "Alright, come with me. King Peter sent me to find you both," he informed them. 

In the end, they managed to either kill or kick off the enemies, but it did take a toll on the Narnian forces. 

"Imira, hi," Edmund greeted her, surprised by her stopping by.

"Edmund, I didn't know you were here. Shall I come back later?" Imira asked Peter.

"No, stay," Peter told her. "We were just sorting things out,"

"Just take her back," Peter told his brother.

"What? No way, I'm staying right here," Edmund argued. 

"She can't stay here," Peter stated firmly. 

"Then send her back. There's no reason for me to go," Edmund said. 

"What, alone? Absolutely not!" Peter exclaimed. 

"Not alone, I'm not an idiot," Edmund said.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, Ed, but I really must to speak with Peter," she said, "could you two perhaps continue this conversation a bit later?" she asked nicely. 

"Have at it," Edmund huffed before heading out for his own tent, exasperated with his brother.

Peter seemed very annoyed once Edmund had left. 

"Sorry love, what did you want to talk about?" Peter asked. 

"I've been thinking and you are right," Imira said. 

"About what? Because, you know, I'm right about many things," Peter said cockily. 

Imira rolled her eyes at him as she walked past him. "Last night, you were right. I should go," she said. 

"Really?" Peter asked surprised. 

"Yes," she replied nodding. "You're right it's-it's dangerous and silly for me to remain here. It worsens the odds for us, so I think I should go to Datram. We're quite close anyway," 

"I... I'm glad you changed your mind," Peter said, not sounding very happy. 

"It's just that after last night's attack I... it was a close call. And if it wasn't for Nick getting to us in time I... I don't know what I would have done," she said looking down. 

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you both. I... I should have been there," Peter said sitting down on the edge of his bed. 

"You were busy. I'm the one who insisted on coming. And the one who pushed for the idea to bring Lucy," Imira said ashamed of herself as her head hung low. 

"Oh, Lucy would have come along one way or the other," Peter said, taking her hands. 

"Perhaps," 

"How's your..." Peter asked, referring to the wound she got from her abdomen to her left side from last night's assail. 

"Oh, umm," she said looking down at her abdomen. She had a bandage wrapped around her under her shirt. "I don't think it's that bad," 

"You should have let Lucy heal you," Peter said. He had argued with her over it but Imira refused over and over. 

"We can't have her waist that magic cure on every little cut I get," she explained for the tenth time. 

"That's not a little cut," Peter pointed out. He was right, but nevertheless, he just couldn't get Imira to agree. 

"I'll be fine, it wasn't deep at all," she said brushing it off. 

Peter shook his head disapprovingly but decided to change the subject. "So you want to go to Datram," 

"Yes. James needs me for something," Imira said, recalling the strange letter he received from her brother earlier on. 

"I know I said I'd go with you but..."

"You have to stay here, I understand. But I'm thinking perhaps Lucy would like to come with me. I don't believe she's ever been to Datram before,"

"I like that. You should ask her. I'd rather not have her here anymore, this has gotten more dangerous than I anticipated," 

"I will. I'll do that right now," she said before giving Peter a kiss and leaving. 

Peter let himself go and fell on his back. "Uh, two down, two to go," he said, thinking of the two big problems he had to solve: the werewolves and the witch's crew, and the two that had just solved by themselves, Imira and Lucy's safety. 

(17/MAY/2019) THANKS FOR READING, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS SHORT CHAPTER.