Part 76 | SO MANY THINGS, SO LITTLE TIME |

I'm so sorry it took me this long to get this chapter out, school has been crazy but I'm finally on vacation so I should be uploading more frequently. I hope you enjoy this chapter!

"I must really give my thanks to Susan then

"I must really give my thanks to Susan then. I can't believe she did all that," Imira said after hearing from Peter all that had been planned.

"I know, she has quite outdone herself this time," Peter agreed.

"She really has," Imira agreed. "So, dinner tonight with my family, huh?" she chuckled nervously. "That's gonna be quite something," she muttered as she flattened her hair. 

"What? You don't like them?" he asked jokingly, placing a loose strand behind her ear. 

"No, of course, I like them. I just mean we haven't been all together since... well, ever. I don't believe we have ever gathered all at once," Imira said.

"Then it will be a first," Peter said.

"Yes. Quite something," she said as she stared at the floor. "Listen, Peter, there's something you ought to know before this family dinner goes on," she said, for she felt she better explain things now as to try to prevent any awkwardness at the table that night. "Someone is," she paused to clear her throat a bit nervously, "going to be present at this dinner who... I was uh, let's say..." she didn't know how to continue. What were the appropriate words to say this? "secretly betrothed to, unbeknownst to both parties, meaning him and I. And while when I was much younger I did not object to the though, uh the idea of us both... well, you know, I... I guess I'm just trying to say I don't feel that way anymore. At all." She said, hoping that made any sense to him because it didn't make much sense to her all that jumble of words she had just slowly uttered.

"Listen, if you are referring to your cousin Arnas, Lucy told me all about that," Peter said.

"Wha-she did?" Imira asked, completely shocked. When had this happened? How did Peter react?! Why hadn't he said anything before?!!

"Yes, while they were reciting the guest list just now and telling me who was who," Peter explained. "Now, I'll admit I was quite... surprised when she told me all that, but the past is the pst. Hey, if he came all the way here then he must be over it, right?"

"Yes, I suppose," Imira said. Or perhaps this is his last attempt at convincing me otherwise, she thought. 

"But, you're over him, right?" Peter asked, trying to sound more sure of himself than he really was.

"Yes, absolutely. Since long ago," Imira replied at once, calming Peter's insecurities.

"Then I don't think there should be any problem with him being here for a little while. In any case, we'll be sitting him away from you at dinner, just in case," Peter said.

Imira laughed nervously. "That ought to do the trick. So who am I sitting next to?"

"I believe that would be," Peter said, reaching for the contents of the envelope he had fallen asleep over, "yup, your cousin, Æric,"