Part 62 | CONTINUATION |

CONTINUATION OF PART 61

... CONTINUATION OF PART 61 ... 

PETER'S POV

Edmund doesn't seem to be going anywhere, he's just enjoying the fact that he's being annoying and he knows it. 

"So are we taking a break or are you planning on helping?" I hear Imira say from behind me. 

"Help with what?" Edmund asks. "The fight is nearly over. We've won. Relax Imira. Life isn't a constant battle. Get off your high horse, take a break," 

She stares at him coldly for a second before turning to me, "Remind me why I came back," 

"Because you love me and can't stay away from me," I answer with a smug smile before Edmund's tongue beats me to it with something snarky that's bound to piss her off. 

She chuckles and comes to stand by my side. "Well, you're not wrong there," she says in good humour. 

"Oh yeah?" 

"Yeah," 

"I'm glad you are back," I said, earning a kiss from her. 

"And now you're kissing. Okay, I'm out of here." I see from the corner of my eye as my brother walks away, uncomfortable as ever with any public display of affection we show n front of him. 

"The easiest way to get rid of him," Imira says with a smile on her lips. 

"By far my favourite," I reply before pulling her in for another kiss. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother, but lately, it seems like his whole purpose in life is to annoy me. I hope it'll pass. 

"So, why was that giant chasing you?" She asks as we part from each other and start walking over to where Edmund is ordering people around. 

"I was the distraction," I reply as we start walking. 

"The distraction? Peter!" she says, punching me in the arm. Although with all the heavy armour I'm wearing I believe she only managed to hurt herself. A fact confirmed by the way she starts rubbing her knuckles afterwards. "You have got to be more careful. Had I not arrived to save your arse, what would you have done?"

"Relax. I had it under control. I had a plan. A quite brilliant plan," I reply, looking over the fact that I had just come up with the plan a minute before she showed up and that it was very wonky. "But thanks anyway," I reply, giving her the credit she, or more accurately Firestream, deserves. 

She rolls her eyes at me as she shakes her head in that endearing way she always does. "You're welcome," she replies with a tired smile. "Now, I know I've only just arrived, but I'd say tonight was a success," she states proudly, even though she wasn't very engaged in the actual fighting. 

"I agree, it was. We shouldn't be getting much trouble from now on. At least from them," I reply, looking over to where the prisoners are being grouped.