Part 35 | PETER |

Sunday, March 17, 1002

PETER'S POV

"How about I get dinner, and you get dried? You catching a cold would wreck my plans,"

"Me catching a cold would wreck your plans? Then may I inquire what your plans consist of?" he asks.

She answers me only with a mysterious smile and a short kiss. "Now go, I will wait for you out here,"

When I emerge from my bedroom, the dinner Imira ordered to have brought up has arrived

When I emerge from my bedroom, the dinner Imira ordered to have brought up has arrived. She is in the sitting area wearing one of my nightshirts and her skirt. 

"So, tell me, how did it go?" She asks me. 

I sigh loudly taking a seat in front of her, "There are still many left, and they've taken control of her castle again."

"But we trashed that place years ago," she tells me surprised.

"Apparently that wasn't enough. Many are still hiding there and in the northern parts of the country. It seems the war didn't really end with her death. Her followers are still out there, wreaking havoc up north mostly, though they don't fret to venture south of her castle. We will need to launch a formal expedition to end them all." I explain. "I've been downplaying the problems we've been having with the remains of the witch's army, there are far more than I'd like to admit," 

Worry spreads across her face. Her previous look of mischief and fun, gone now.

"But hey don't worry, we'll catch them all soon, you'll see," I tell her, stuffing my plate with food. 

"Yes, we will," 

"What, you'll be coming next time?" I ask her.

"Of course I will! You're not leaving me behind again," she tells me nudging at my shoulder.

"Hey, I didn't leave you behind. You chose to return, remember?"

"Well I had things to do here, and it's not like you gave me a timely notice of this incursion you went on. I was not prepared. You could have sent a letter informing me of your plans to hunt them down and I would have heeded the call," she argues. 

"I didn't think you'd rather fight than enjoy your vacation," I tell her. 

"If you needed me to I would have come, you know that. But you didn't want me there, did you?" she asks. 

"No. I didn't." I reply honestly. 

"Why?" she asks offended by my honest answer.

"Because it was dangerous," I explain and take a bite of my food. 

"It has always been dangerous, Peter. I can handle my self," she replies as if I'd just said something stupid.

"That minotaur would have got you if I hadn't been there," I explain. I know she can handle herself, but that was a close call. Had I not been there she would have died. 

"But you were," she says shrugging it off. As if the very real possibility of death was nothing. 

"But what if I'm not next time. What if you're in trouble and I can't be there to help you? I could never forgive myself if something were to happen to you because of me."

"But nothing happened. And nothing will happen. He just caught me off guard. I didn't think there'd be any enemies so far south," 

"Yeah, I should have warned you about them, but I thought I could deal with them before you got back and I..."

"Hey, it's not your fault," she tells me reaching for my hand. "I should have been more careful, okay. Next time I will be."

"Next time, we'll go together," I tell her offering a small smile. She nods. 

I finish dinner and she rises from her seat.

"Stay with me," I tell her grabbing her hand to stop her.

"I'm right here," she tells me with an amused smile. "I just want to put some more wood in the fire. It's chilly," she says freeing herself from my grip as I get go. 

"I mean tonight. Don't go," I explain myself.

"But what if someone comes in?" she asks looking at the doors. 

"Let them, I don't care," 

"But I do," she tells me with a nervous laugh.

Oh, gods, she thinks... "I didn't mean it like that. I just want to talk. I haven't seen you in months."

"So you want to talk?" she asks raising her eyebrows at me. 

"Well, yes. That's what I just said," 

"Just, talk?" she asks again. 

"Yes, I mean, unless you have something else in mind..." 

Next morning when I wake up she's still sleeping

Next morning when I wake up she's still sleeping. I really wanted to talk with her last night, but she fell asleep on the sofa mid-conversation. That totally ruined my plans. But hey, I wasn't about to wake her up. She gets cranky when I do that. And cranky was not the mood I wanted her in. 

I get out of bed, careful not to disturb her and get ready for the day. 

After I emerge from the bathroom, dressed and with wet hair, I unlock my safe chest and take out the ring with which I plan to ask Imira to marry me. This is it. Today's the day I ask her to marry me. 

A/N: HOW ABOUT THAT! I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO GET TO THIS POINT FOR QUITE A WHILE NOW AND NOW IT'S FINALLY HERE! I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW YOU WHAT COMES NEXT. (FEB 03, 2018) DON'T FORGET TO LIKE AND COMMENT IF YOU ARE LIKING THIS STORY SO FAR! <3