Part 67 | ALL BETTER |

1 July 1002

1 July 1002

IMIRA'S POV

"Over the course of time the good memories will be what you remember, the rest just fades away," those were Aslan's words last night. Those were some of the words that made me realize I had to get up and back in the game. 

I had been walking in the garden at night, tired of keeping myself locked inside for the last month, staring into the ceiling and getting lost in thoughts when suddenly I bumped into Aslan himself... 

THIRD PERSON POV

"Aslan, what are you doing here?" Imira asked in complete surprise.

"I could ask you the same question," Aslan replied. 

"I... I don't know..." Imira answered honestly. What am I doing? She asked herself. Wasting my time, crying in my room, that's what I'm doing. But she couldn't exactly say that, even though she suspected he already knew that. "I suppose I am lost," Imira answered. Not geographically, no, that would be silly, she knew the castle like you know the back of your hand. No, Imira was lost in another way.

They walked through the garden for a long time and talked and talked. What he said, worked. She didn't know what exactly don't know what it was exactly, but something just clicked in her. When she returned to her rooms that night, she was feeling much better. Imira realized then she had to get her act together and get back on her feet. And so Imira did that. The next morning she woke up with a better attitude towards life. Susan was there and when she offered the black dress she had been wearing for the past few days, Imira turned it down and opted for a dark red one. Looking on the bright side and with a lot more confidence and self-esteem, she walked out to have breakfast with everyone else and rejoin society.

Unfortunately, once she reached the dining hall Peter was nowhere to be found. Imira wanted to surprise him, let him know she was alive and well and no longer looking like a zombie, but when she asked Susan about the whereabouts of her brother, the Queen said he was busy with some dignitaries, meaning he would not be attending breakfast. 

Lucy and Edmund were there, as well as some of her few close friends and other members of the court. Everyone's eyes were on her, as Imira expected they would be, but since no one would ever dare to ask about that very sensitive subject which had kept her behind locked doors and drawn curtains she had nothing to be worried about. Imira took her usual seat beside Edmund and made small talk with Lady Thea and Lord Peridan who were next to them. And boy had she missed a lot. Lord Peridan was courting Lady Roselynn Bratham, funny, Imira thought he fancied Queen Susan, but she guessed he got over her. Lady Thea spent the entire meal making eyes at King Edmund and she kept blushing whenever he glanced in her direction, which was all the time since King Edmund talked to her nearly all the time. Imira made a mental note to ask Edmund about that. Over at the other end of the table, Queens Lucy and Susan sat with Lords Dar and Darrin from Archenland, Lord Stryder, Lady Rose Bratham, and Mr. Tumnus. However, Queen Susan kept glancing at Sir Derrick and Imira noticed Queen Lucy had an inappropriate crush on Sir Threston, most likely due to him saving her life the other day, as she kept staring at him, sitting with his sisters on a separate table from ours on the other end of the room. She supposed that was why Lucy kept asking about him while they were on Datram what seemed to be so long ago.