PART 23 | RAISE OARS |

AUTUMN 1000

AUTUMN 1000

I rush off to my rooms to get changed.  On my way there I ask a guard to get my horse ready and bring it to my rooms. Even though I'm running, it takes me five minutes to reach my room, that with all the stairs and corridors and halls I need to go through. I ask Lily, Jane and Amy to ready my stuff and to pack the piece of cake I still carry. I rush into my closet and pull off my dress. They hand me my favourite pair of training pants, a long-sleeved very short light blue dress, a long brown leather vest, my boots, and my sword belt. I grab my leather gloves and shove them in my belt. I grab my sword and dagger and head downstairs. I find Amy shoving the packed piece of cake in my saddle. I thank them, get on my horse and ride down to the port. I'm so glad this castle is horse friendly, otherwise, it would take me forever to reach the port. 

It must have taken me no more than 15 minutes to reach the port. 

I arrive and find the port busy with movement. Narnians uploading cargo on the ship, readying the masts, lifting the anchor, soldiers uploading weapons... 

I find Peter, Edmund, Lucy, and Peridan talking on the port, supervising the operation and talking amongst themselves, and not too far from them I see their horses. Peter is wearing leather armour and has his trusty sword and shield at his side. Edmund, Peridan and Lucy are wearing the same clothes as they were wearing at dinner. I suppose they are not coming. 

I dismount and approach them. 

"Oh, good, you're here M," Peter says when I arrive, "I think we can go now," 

"Take care Lu," Peter tells his sister as he leans down to give her a hug. 

"Be careful," she tells him. 

"I'll see you later Lucy," Edmund tells her and gives her a hug too. Oh, he's coming too? 

"You bet," she replies. 

"You're coming, Ed?" I ask him. 

"Of course I am! Why, you thought I was leaving all the fun for you two?" He replies with a grin on his face. "Come on you lot," He pats Peridan on the back "See you later, pal," He says and walks off to the ship. 

Well, I suppose he'll get change onboard. 

"Well, you heard him," Peter says humorously. "Look out for my sisters Peridan," Peter tells my friend. 

"I will Your Majesty," Peridan replies. They bro-hug and then Peter walks towards the ship while I say goodbye to Lucy. 

"Good luck," He tells me. 

"Thanks," I reply and we embrace briefly. 

"All aboard!" a sailor yells from the ship. 

I give Lucy and Peridan one last look before running to the ship. 

"Raise the oars!" someone yells once I'm safely in and so we set sail. 

The wind is good to us and in no time we are sailing across the Narnian sea, the moon shining brightly above us. 

DON'T FORGET TO LIKE AND COMMENT! <3