Part 79 | TIME FOR A WEDDING! |

Don't forget to comment and vote pls :)    [12/18/2019]

AUGUST 17, 1002

PETER'S POV

I finish reading Imira's letter and just don't know what I to do. We are getting married in one hour and I'm not supposed to see her until then, but I really must speak to her. She dropped by the letter way too late at night, probably at the earliest hour of today. I intended to read it right away, but after having such a long, exhausting day I just couldn't focus on the words and left it alone to read it today. But then, of course, today I ended up waking up pretty late and with everything going on I just now finished reading it.

I didn't know she was so aware of herself. If anything that's what surprised me about it. The fact that she was brave enough to admit it, actually write it down and then hand it to me in person. That takes some guts.

"Come on, Pete. We should get going," Edmund urged me on.

"I have to see her, Ed," I told him, folding the letter and storing it in my pocket.

"You will. She'll be there. But we really must get going. Otherwise, you'll be late to your own wedding and Susan will kill you," Edmund said. "Now put on your crown and let's go!"

"But I have to see her now," I protested.

"Susan says you're not supposed to see her before the wedding. Bad luck. Now, let's go," Edmund said exasperated and looking like he wanted to drag me out the door himself.

"If you had read the letter, you'd understand why I have to see her before," I explained.

"Why? Did she break up with you?" he asked a bit alarmed.

"What? No!"

"Then whatever it is, I'm sure it can wait. Now can we please go?" he was starting to lose his patience.

"Alright," I agreed reluctantly.

"Finally. Thank Aslan," Edmund exclaimed, opening the door.

"Remind me where I am supposed to go now?" I asked my brother, far too preoccupied to remember the schedule Susan had handed me yesterday.

"I believe you are to meet with King James,"

"Right. The daily due of threats. He just keeps coming up with more of those," I chuckled to myself.

"I don't blame him. If one of our sisters were getting married I'd probably do the same," Edmund said. "Especially if they were marrying someone like you," he added, laughing at the end.

"Oh, shut up," I laughed to his joking at my expense. Though I'm sure he would.

Edmund left me at the private meeting chamber, where James was already waiting for me. Luckily, the meeting goes by pretty quickly. After a handshake and a stern look accompanied by a couple of "you hurt my sister and you'll regret it" threats, I excuse myself out to sneak away from my brother and find Imira. But James stops me after revealing my plan.