Part 48 | CALL HER BACK |

OKAY, SO I KNOW THESE ARE PROBABLY NOT THE CHARACTERS YOU SIGNED UP FOR, BUT THEY ARE NECESSARY FOR THE NEXT PHASE OF THE STORY TO HAPPEN. I PERSONALLY LOVE THEM AND THE WAY THIS STORY IS GOING AND I REALLY HOPE YOU DO TOO. WRITING ORIGINAL CHARACTERS IS SOMETIMES EASIER THAN WITH THE ONES WHOSE FATE AND STORY ARCH WE ALREADY KNOW. SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET'S GET ON WITH THE STORY AND THANKS FOR READING MY A/N (I KNOW THAY CAN GET ANNOYING SOMETIMES)

 SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET'S GET ON WITH THE STORY AND THANKS FOR READING MY A/N (I KNOW THAY CAN GET ANNOYING SOMETIMES)

28 March 1002

JAMES'S POV 

MEANWHILE AT DATRAM... 

"I think it is very nice from your sister to want to come and tell us herself," Hayley says sitting on the sofa, having finished reading the letter I handed to her out loud.

"What do you think of King Peter?" I ask as I hand her a second glass of whiskey.

"I think had I not married you, I might be after him too," she says dowing down her drink.

I tense at her comment. Always reminding me I wasn't her first choice.

"Oh, relax," she says rolling her eyes at me, "I am merely joking. But honestly, I believe he loves her. I think they will be happy,"

"As opposed to us?" I ask her.

"Seriously?" she asked me quietly looking down. 

"No, tell me. You are not happy here, so do me a favour and just admit it," I tell her, standing across from her, arms crossed. She doesn't answer, just stares at her empty glass. 

"See? I know you're not," I empty my glass and lay it loudly on the table before turning away. "Good night Hayley," I tell her emotionless. 

I walk over to my room, because yes we have separate rooms, but she gets in my way. "James," she starts, but I'm in no mood to hear excuses. 

"What? Do you think I do not realize how you look at other men? Do not take me for a fool," 

"Maybe if you were nicer to me, I would not be looking other men," she says bitterly. 

"What do you mean nicer? How else am I supposed to be nicer? I give you your space, you can do anything and go anywhere you like, you can have anything you want, I don't bother you. You spend a month in Lycia every year, I ask nothing from you but to keep the appearances,"

"No, you do not bother me but you also barely speak to me. You are cold and stoic with me all the time. All you need me around for is to look pretty by your side, I don't have a say in anything of importance. I'm not allowed at council meetings and you can barely be bothered to tell me what's going on. There can go days where I don't even see you. But do not take me for a fool either, the rumours do reach me of you off cavorting at some party I was not invited to. How do you think that makes me feel, huh? For all I know you, probably have some bastard child out there!"