Part 42 | THREE |

March 21, 1002

March 21, 1002

THIRD PERSON POV 

"But Peter," Susan argued once more. 

"I'm sorry Sue, but you can't just walk away when things get ugly," Peter said seriously. 

"Well, we can't have Lucy watching that kind of stuff. It's too violent," Susan said seriously too. 

"Actually I-" Lucy tried to speak but her words went ignored. 

"No one's gonna die, Sue. It's just for sport," Peter explained to his oldest sister. 

"But-"  Susan tried once more. She did not like watching people getting hurt, even if it was just for sport. 

"Look, I get it if Lucy wants to leave, but at least one of you has to stay," Peter said decisively. 

"Actually, I think I can be brave enough," Lucy said to them rather sassily before walking toward the arena. 

Peter smiled sarcastically at Susan and followed after Lucy. 

Resigned to going back, Susan took her time, pacing around the field until she was the only one left there, standing before a target. Why is Peter being unreasonable? I'm Queen, I should be able to do as I please, Susan complained to herself. 

"Your Majesty," a voice said, interrupting Susan's brooding. 

The Queen turned around and found a dryad behind her. 

"His Majesty King Peter requests your presence at the tourney," the dryad said. 

Unbelievable, Susan thought, taking a hold of her temper, "Thank you," she said politely to the dryad but turned back to pick up an arrow. 

"Your Majesty?" the dryad spoke again as Susan picked up a bow that was left unattended. 

"You can tell my brother, the King, that I shall be there shortly," Susan said as kindly as she could manage before turning her back on the dryad. 

"I am afraid he insists I escort you back, your majesty," the dryad said hesitantly. 

Oh, did he now? Bloody Peter, does he really not trust me to go back that he has to send a dryad to babysit me?  Susan thought to herself. She took a deep breath trying to calm herself. Okay, maybe taking it out on the nice dryad was not the nicest thing to do. She was Queen Susan The Gentle, she had a name to live up to, just as her siblings did. 

Susan exhaled loudly in defeat and turned back to the target. She aimed and shot the arrow straight to the centre. Shooting always relaxed Susan, it cleared her mind. Alright, perhaps Peter is not that wrong after all. I did organize this day, and I am the Queen. It would be greatly rude of me not to be present when these two men are about to risk their lives for our entertainment.