Part 22 | ANVARD |

AUTUMN 1000

AUTUMN 1000

"Susan, I'm ageing down here, hurry up!" Edmund shouts from the bottom of the stairway.

"Come on Susan! We are going to be late!" Lucy calls out for her sister as well.

"A Queen is never late. Everyone else simply arrives earlier." Susan replies calmly walking down the stairs gracefully.

"Yes, well, in this case, everyone else happens to be either a Queen or King. So yeah, you're late!" Edmund replies.

"Finally, you took forever," Peter adds getting up from his chair.

"Well, I'm here now, so stop fuzzing," Susan says calmly as she walks down the last steps, not bothered at all by all the comments.

We've been waiting for Susan to get down for what feels like forever to us, though it's only been about twenty minutes. Today we are going on a trip down to Archeland for Queen Cecee, King Lune's wife, has given birth to twins two days ago and we have been invited to attend the naming ceremony.

Both James and Hayley will be there as well, which I'm looking forward to for I haven't seen them since I left Datram. We should all be meeting at Anvard later today, although at this rate who knows at what time we'll be there.

Since all of the Kings and Queens are attending the celebrations at Anvard, Peter has decided to leave Lord Peridan in charge until we get back. He has become a great friend of theirs since he moved back to Narnia, so much that Edmund has named him his advisor.

Peter chats a bit with Lord Peridan outside the castle as Edmund impatiently waits, tapping his fingers against his leg until at last Peter mounts his horse.

"Last to reach Anvard is a loser," Edmund says and starts to ride off, followed instantly by Lucy and Susan.

And so our ride to Anvard begins.

We reached the city at noon

We reached the city at noon. The castle, very recognizable from afar, is famous for its many towers and lack of a moat. Anvard is the seat of government of Archeland, it is both the capital city and the fortress within it. Although not as magnificent as the glistening Cair Paravel nor as imposing as The Royal Palace of Datram, Anvard with its red-brown stones and numerous towers stands tall and mighty on a green lawn in front of a high woody ridge to the north.