Part 20 |AT THE PARTY|

1000, August

AT PETER'S BIRTHDAY PARTY.

We arrive at the hall and greet Peter. He smiles as he sees me approach and politely kisses my hand politely as I greet him. "They know," I whisper to him as my brother stands behind me. He gives me a puzzled look and then my brother steps up to greet Peter and congratulate him on his birthday.

"Happy birthday, King Peter," He tells my boyfriend before bro-hugging him. I see him tense up as my frother whispers him something I can't hear. I'll have to ask him about that later.

As James steps back Peter composes himself and thanks my brother for coming to the party and then proceeds to greet the rest of my friends/family.

We continue into the hall and mingle.

Sometime later, after everyone has arrived I see a bunch of girls flirting with Peter and do my best to contain my temper and distract myself talking with some friends.

...................................................Later................................................

I find Peter at a banquet table getting a cup of wine and approach him.

"Congratulations Your Majesty," I say in a teasing tone.

He laughs, "Thank you, princess. To be honest this is all too overwhelming"

"Well, now you're the King! I know this whole royalty thing can be a bit too much sometimes, but it can also be quite fun. You'll see, you'll get used to it."

"So they say, but it's also a big challenge and a lot to live up to. Especially with such a title as King Peter The Magnificent." He says and laughs a bit in the end. I laugh back with him.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll do great."

"Do you really think so?" He asks me staring directly into my eyes.

"Yes. So far you've been nothing but Magnificent" I tell him teasingly and we both laugh.

"Well, in that case, would you like to dance?"

"I'd love to."

He takes my arm and leads me to the dance floor, where other court members are assembling.

Maxwell is dancing with Rebekah. Edmund is talking with a James and Hayley. Lucy is in the balcony talking with some of her friends, and Susan is dancing with some handsome guy over there. Guys are always following her around at parties, trying to get her attention. I think she likes that.

I turn to Peter as the music starts.

"Okay, Imira, I'm gonna apologize in advance, because I have never done this before."

"Done what? Danced?"

He nods.

"We danced at your coronation, don't you remember?"

"Not like this. " He says as he puts an arm around me uncertainly. "Like this?"

"Well, we can dance closer if you want."

"You're sure you don't mind?" He tells me looking around.

"I don't if you don't,"

I feel Peter's arm wrap tighter around me until our bodies almost touch. The both of us move slowly in time with the music.

"This isn't so bad, is it?" I tell him.

"No, it's not. You're not." He tells me. He spins me around and then pulls me close again.