Part 41 |TWO|

March 21, 1002

March 21, 1002

IMIRA'S POV

"Imira, sit with us," Edmund says placing a hand on my back as he guides me to the seat next to his. "You may not get just yet to sit publicly next to my brother, but as a Princess, ambassador, and soon to be Queen of Narnia you get to sit up here."

"What an honour," I tell him sarcastically, but still do as he says.

"So, you want to visit Datram soon?" Edmund starts.

"That's right,"

"With Peter," he continues.

"Yes," He looks slightly conflicted. "Edmund, if you want to tell me something, just say it," I tell him sarcasm-free.

"Can I go?" He tells me.

"To tell my brother I'm getting married?" I ask him confused.

"To visit Datram. I haven't really had the chance to travel with all the turmoil that's been going on, and it would be nice to, I don't know, go out. Unless of course, you don't want me to go..."

"Of course you should come. In fact, you should all come. You, Susan, Lucy. I'll tell Peter," I tell him.

"Sweet," he tells me pleased with himself.

A centaur blows the horn, declaring the tourney is about to start. We turn to face the arena.

First will be the sword-fighting contest: four participants will fight and two winners will be produced of this match. Then we will move on to watch the archery contest, giving them time to recover until the second match. The two swordsmen will fight each other and the winner will get to fight Lord Perida, winner of last year's contest, in the third and last match at the end of the day. Until that third match, there will be a battle axe and knife throwing contests, a race, and other games. In the afternoon the final match between Lord Perinad and whoever won will happen. And finally, the joustings will take place.

The five contenders enter the arena. Lord Peridan the undefeated champion of the last tourney, Lord Rayner of Glasswater, Sir Gale of House Rotham from Owlswood, Sir Roes, the Slayer of the Marsh, and Nick Threston. This will be quite a fight. A fight I am glad I am not participating in, they all look way stronger than me!

Sir Roes the Slayer will fight Sir Gale of Rotham first. Next Lord Rayner will fight Nick.

The slayer defeated Sir Gale and, well, the fight was not a pretty one. Lucy and Susan even had to leave. They didn't come back until the fight between Nick and Lord Rayner. That fight was easier to witness and resulted in Lord Rayner's defeat.

"That was good judgment," Edmund says after we get up to move to the archery field.

"What was?" I ask him walking around my chair.

"Not fighting. Didn't you see what Sir Roes did? I mean, I'm glad it wasn't me down there," Edmund tells me.

"Ugh, I know. I really must focus more on training,"

"But Nick was good. I didn't know just how good until now. I might steal him from you to train if I am to defeat Peter one day," he says before walking away.

"What was that about defeating Peter?" Peter asks appearing behind us.

"Oh, nothing. Just talking about the fight," I tell him, exchanging looks with Edmund.

"Impressing, wasn't it?"

"That's one word for it,"

We reach the field and take our seats

We reach the field and take our seats. The archery contest is way faster than the sword fighting, and by the end of it, the centaur Quiverridge has won.

"Well he's almost as good as Susan," Peter tells me.

"Almost," Susan says appearing from behind Peter.

"Now back to the arena," Edmund says walking between us three. "Who do you think will win?" he asks us.

"Oh, Aslan, I don't know. I'd like to say Nick because he's my friend, but Sir Roes has left quite an impression,"

"He has, hasn't he?" he replies.

"Aren't you coming?" I ask Peter, seeing he's not following us.

"Go on I'll, uh, see you both there," He tells us, pulling Susan aside.

I turn to look at Edmund, but he just shrugs and walks away. I turn back to look at Peter, but he's talking with Susan and Lucy, so I follow after Edmund.

"Wait up Ed," I call after him. 

I'LL BE POSTING THE NEXT PART SOON, PROMISE. (18, MARCH, 2019)