Part 56 | THROWBACK |

SO, THIS IS A THROWBACK CHAPTER TO BEFORE PETER ASKED IMIRA TO MARRY HIM. I HOPE YOU ENJOY!

 I HOPE YOU ENJOY!

Year 1001

THIRD PERSON POV: PETER

"A ring, a ring, where do I get a ring?" Peter asked himself out loud while rushing through the palace hallways.

He walked by Peridan "Your majesty, I was just looking for you. There's a-"

"Not now!" He said before disappearing down the hallway. Leaving Peridan with the words on his mouth. 

"Well, then I suppose I'll ask Queen Susan then," Peridan said to himself. 

Peter was headed to the treasure room. With all of the jewels they keep there, one of them must be fit for his plans. 

On his way down, Peter got called after by several nobles who wished a moment with the king, but Peter ushered them away, not stopping. 

"Your Highness, the tax reforms are ready for you to sign. Will you-" a nobleman starts asking, but Peter cuts him short. 

"Not now, ask my brother." He tells the man without stopping. 

"His Highness King Edmund is nowhere to be found, Your Majesty," a second nobleman informs him. 

"Then ask one of the Queens," he simply says before disappearing through the hallways. 

Peter ran into his youngest sister next, who looked very happy to see him. "Peter! Do you wanna play hide and seek?" Lucy asked her brother.

"I'm sorry Lu, but I'm a bit busy right now. Why don't you try Susan," Peter suggested.

"Alright," the queen said and walked off. 

A few hallways away he found Edmund sitting alone on the stairs.

"Oh, hey Pete, what's going on?" Edmund asks, jumping up.

"Everything," He says vaguely. "Uh, what's going on with you?"

"Oh, I'm evading that dignitary who keeps trying to set me up with his daughter. Danielle is not my type. Where are you going?" He asked.

"Treasure room," Peter reapplied shortly.

"Oh, why didn't I think of that! No one's allowed down there. I'll come with." Edmund said with more enthusiasm. "So, why are we going to the treasure room?" Edmund inquired. 

"I need something," Peter said vaguely.

"Obviously," Edmund said sassily. "So what do you need?"

"A ring," Peter said, looking at Edmund from the corner of his eye. 

"What for? You already have three on your hand?" Edmund said, pointing at them. 

"It's not for me," Peter said, stepping out into the open.