Part 21 |TRAINING|

1000, August 

Two weeks later...

(Susan and Lucy already know Peter and I are together. We've decided to tell the people closest to us first and then just let people know about us. Not making an official statement or anything, just stop hiding and seeking around.)

Peter and Edmund are training outside. I hate to miss training sessions, but today Susan has arranged for us to have new dresses made. She loves getting new clothes. We've all grown taller these past months, therefore we need longer dresses and bigger shoes. Also, I need new training clothes, my pants are shorter, my boots are tight and my shirts are torn.

"Should I get a new ball gown? I know I have a few, but I feel like I should get a new one," Susan asks us looking at some fabrics being shown to her.

"A girl can never have too many dresses, Susan, that's a fact," I tell her all serious, but then we crack up in laughter.

"Well, then we should all get ball gowns!" she declares.

"Yes! And ridding dresses, and capes, and normal dresses, and all sorts of nice things!" Lucy says happily.

We select fabrics and patterns and when we are done Susan and Lucy go do some stuff and I go outside to find Edmund and Peter.

Hmm, it's not that late, I think they must still be in the training arena, I'll go check there.

I make my way there, a few more flights of stairs and...

What in the world is going on?

I find the windows crowded with girls. I approach a few girls I'm friends with.

"What are you all looking at?" I ask them as I get closer.

"It's the Kings," my friend Helen tells me with a giggle.

"They're training," her sister says.

"Ah," I reply eloquently looking down. They're sword fighting. It looks like Peter is winning. He's such a showoff sometimes, he loves it when people admire him. And right now he's got a whole flock of admirers staring longingly at him. All the girls here fancy him and Edmund. And they never waste an opportunity to stare shamelessly at them.

"Oh, isn't King Peter so handsome," a short brunette girl says from somewhere to my right.

"He's so hot!" I hear Danielle say from somewhere to my left. Ugh, Danielle is the worst, she thinks she's so perfect with her red hair and her fluffy dresses. She's always flirting with Peter and throwing shady glances at me when she sees us together. Also, she's kind of a bitch, and not in the fun and loving way Rebekah and Hayley are sometimes, but in the annoying AF way.

"Edmund is so cute," One of the younger girls says. All of this is followed by comments from other girls, "They're so brave!" "He's so dreamy" "He's so perfect!" and such.

"I'm going to marry him someday," I Danielle states, now standing next to me. Ha, as if!

I try to stop a laugh from escaping my mouth but fail.

"Oh, you're just jealous he likes me better," She states, giving me one of her signature bitchy looks. What's she talking about?

"What makes you think that?" I ask her as calmly as I can, trying to control the temper I share with my brother.

"Isn't it obvious? We danced together at his birthday party, he's always super nice to me when he sees me, and he asked me to dinner last Thursday," She states proudly for all to hear.