Part 17 |MISSION|

1000, June

(Wednesday) Next morning...

My ladies maids wake me up early, before the sun rises, to get ready for the journey. Once I'm dressed and my hair is done I go downstairs for breakfast. I look out the window, the sun is starting to rise now. I finish my food and head back upstairs to get my weapons: sword, check; shield, check; daggers, check; knives, check. They tell me other things I might need are already packed and have been taken to my horse. I thank them,  grab my cape and my bag and head outside. I reach the stables and enter from the inside of the castle. I find my horse already saddled and take him outside.

"Morning!" I hear Peter greeting me as I join him outside.  I find that the rest of our companions are already there, some on their horses and some getting their horses ready.

"You're cheerful," I tell him smiling walking up to him. He just gives me a flirty smile and adjusts the saddle of his horse, making sure it's secure.

His siblings appear from behind him, they're still in their night clothes looking sleepy, they must have only woken up this early to say farewell.

"Just be careful Peter," Susan tells him.

"I'll be fine Su, don't worry," He tells his sister, hugging her goodbye.

"Good luck Peter!" Lucy tells him as he embraces her. "Thanks, Lu,"

"See you in a few days," Edmund tells his brother as they bro-hug.

"Good luck out there Imira," Susan tells me as she and Lucy approach me. "Don't let the bad guys get to you," Lucy adds.

"Thanks, Susan. Don't worry Lu, I'll get to them first." I tell them as I hug them both.

"Hey, Imira, kill the bad guys for me!" Edmund tells me as he approaches. "Will do!" I tell him laughing.

I turn and see Peter is already on his horse so I get on mine.

"Are you ready?" He asks me as he waves goodbye to his siblings.

"I'm always ready," I tell him shifting in my horse to face the exit. I give his siblings one last look and wave them goodbye before Peter gets going. "Byeee!" "Be careful!" "We'll miss you!" "Have fuuun!" I hear them say as we ride away. That last bit from Edmund, who gives me a funny look.  

We spend Wednesday traveling from Cair Paravel to the Great River. On Thursday we travel to the woods south of the witch's castle and set up our base camp. 

Thursday night

We set up camp at sunset in the woods south to the castle. Peter has come up with a plan of attack to the castle where the remains fo her forces are hiding. With the cover of the night, we will attack her castle and hopefully smash the remains of her rebellious forces. The castle stands on a small island in the middle of a lake that was once frozen, so there's only one way in or out. Luckily, most of her castle was made of ice and melted once her reign ended, so the only remains of it are the rocky foundations of it, though it's still quite large. Peter's plan is to have some gryphons fly over and throw big rocks at them on the west side, forcing them forward into our archers, who will unleash their arrows and make them rain on them. Then, we will enter, killing all those who remain alive. And so we do. The fight begins and nearly half of their forces are destroyed, and some hours later, we have managed to kill them all. Some tried to escape flying, but the gryphons caught them. We are going over the dead, making sure they are truly dead, slaying swiftly those who are wounded and remain alive. Peter and I both made it with only a few minor injuries, a cut here and there, one or two bruises, nothing time won't heal. Most of our forces remain alive, we only lost seven of our men.