Part 13 |DATRAM|

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

On their way back to Datram, James explained what happened in Imira's absence.

"Mother and father are dead?" Imira asked in disbelief. 

"I am afraid so," James said sadly, recognising the sorrow he saw in her eyes. It mirrored his own. 

"But how? What- what happened?" She asked, unable to process the thought. 

"They wanted to avenge you and defeat the Witch so they sought war. Father figured since you fulfilled the prophecy of the crowns they could fulfill the great prophecy, you know, two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve: Mother and father, uncle Jackson, and aunt Myryam. Everyone went really, Maxwell's father, uncle Ædward, aunt Adryenne, all the warlords and their armies. Not many came back," James said darkly. 

"They died... because of me?" Tears were running down her face and she was one second away from sobbing. 

"No. Listen to me Imira, they died because of the Witch. It was not your fault, okay?" If James had one thing clear following his parent's death it was who held the blame. Jadis and Jadis alone. 

"Okay," Imira repeated ridding forwards, not very convinced as she cried in silence. She turned her attention to Maxwell a good ten minutes later, trying to work on her feelings. "Your father, I...I'm so sorry."

He offered a kind smile, "We've had some time to get used to it now," 

Imira nodded. Time. The one thing she wished she could turn back. "So, what else has changed?" She asked them, changing the subject as she wiped the tears from her cheeks. 

"Datram and Archeland are still allies," James said, knowing good news was what she needed to hear "But Archeland has a new ruler, King Lune, you remember him right? About seven years older than us. He has married too."

"That's nice," Imira said with a half-hearted smile.

"The Calormens are still as untrustworthy as always, but there is peace for now between our countries." James continued.

"Some things never change, father always warned us not to trust the Calormens," Imira said seriously, remembered his father's words.

"He did," 

"Anything else?" Imira asked.

"James got married," Maxwell volunteered, changing to a less gloomy subject.

"What! You got married? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Imira asked with a smile, wiping the tears off her eyes and turning to look at her twin.

"I don't know, it wasn't important at the time," James said with a shrug. Imira thought this peculiar but attributed it to James being older.

"You're unbelievable," she said with a laugh. "So, who is it?"

"Hayley of Lycia," James said looking ahead.