Part 55 | JAMES |

POV: JAMES 

 POV: JAMES 

"I suggest you burn it all," Imira said before leaving. 

"Burn what?" I asked confused.

"All the records. The papers containing William's true identity. If you think he's a threat, burn everything," my twin said before walking out and slamming the door shut. 

I just stand there. Looking at the door. Thinking. She's not wrong. I should burn it. Everything. Every page that contains a trace to his identity. But if I do that I'd be admitting he is a threat. Is he? does he really pose a threat to me? He has no clue who he really is. He has lands, but they are small. And he has no fortune. He has no men to fight for him. However, he could get the soldiers of The Gate on his side. And that would be a problem. And he might be able to get some northern lords on his side. If he were to take control of The Gate I would not be able to get any aid from Narnia or Archenland. He could instate a blockade. If he were to find out, he'd be a dangerous opponent. I wonder what would be worst: him finding out on his own, or me telling him. If I were to reveal the truth to him and grant him some privileges he might be grateful and settle for what's given. But he could also get greedy as his father did and lead a revolt. "What to do? What to do?" 

I suppose I should decide before choosing to burn everything. I'll keep them under lock and key in the meantime. I'll just place these books back where they were and head downstairs to ask Hayley what he wanted. 

Imira is not mistaken, I do have an ulterior agenda. And I fear if I share it with her she might not react as well as she did today. Which by itself says a lot. Oh, and I also have to tell Hayley. She knows most of it. Everything I told Imira today she is aware of. However, I will wait until we are at Ardenton to tell her. 

Well, she should be done by now with him, I shall find her now and talk. 

With everything safely locked away, I head downstairs to find Hayley. 

No longer where I left her, I find my wife at her ladies room, talking with Lady Baldwin. Imira and Queen Lucy are nowhere to be seen, but I expected that. 

She sees me enter the room but keeps talking with her friend. She wants me to work for her attention and not just take it for granted as I have for so long. I'll indulge her on that. 

"May I have a word?" I ask her, standing by her side and offering her my hand. 

"Please excuse me," she tells Lady Baldwin as she takes it and stands. 

"Did you ask your sister?" Hayley asks as we exit the room. 

"I did," 

"And? What did she say?" she asks looking up at me. 

"She agreed. We can leave whenever you are ready," I inform her happily. 

Her face lit up and her smile showed her perfect teeth. "That's perfect,"