Part 59 | CURSING AND SHOUTING |

21 May 1002

21 May 1002

THIRD PERSON POV 

It was a quarter before six when Queen Lucy arrived at Cair Paravel. As soon as her ridding party was spotted, Queen Susan had been alerted. She was having afternoon tea with Thea Clairmont, Henry Stryder, Roselynn Bratham and Lord Peridan when she got the news. And so, by the time Lucy arrived at the castle, her sister was already waiting for her at the doors. 

"Lucy!" 

"Susan!" 

The sisters embraced affectionately. It had been over a month since they last saw each other and neither of them realized how much they missed each other until now. 

"Oh Lu, how are you? Look at you, you've grown! You're taller now," Susan exclaimed. And in fact, Lucy was taller. She had grown nearly one inch! 

"Maybe you got shorter," Lucy replied in her usual joking manner. 

Susan just smiled at her comment, "I missed you," she said before hugging Lucy again. "But where's Imira?" she asked. She had expected her to be ridding with Lucy and was surprised she was nowhere to be found. 

"She and I parted ways after we left Datram. Peter and Ed called her to battle," Lucy explained. 

"Oh my. But I thought it was too dangerous," 

"It is. But I suppose there was no choice," Lucy said. "Besides, when has danger ever stopped her?" 

"How about last time? Isn't that the reason you two left?" Susan asked. 

"Last time Peter asked us repeatedly to leave until Imira finally budged," Lucy said. 

"So it wasn't because she got attacked?" Susan asked, eyebrow raised. She knew Imira was brave and all, but she didn't think she was fearless. Surely she must have some sort of self-preservation instinct, right? 

"That might have played a role," Lucy replied. Actually, that was the reason she agreed to leave. That and, even though she would not admit it, the fact that she was scared of werewolves. 

"Do you think I should go up there and help out?" Susan asked. If Peter had asked Imira to return after asking her to leave, it must have been serious. 

"Did they ask you to?" Lucy asked back. 

Susan shook her head. "Edmund didn't say anything in his last letter, but still. I could be helpful," 

"Perhaps it is best if we stay here for now," Lucy suggested. "From what I head, they already have a plan. If they want us to have any part on it, surely they'll ask," 

"Yes. I suppose so." Susan agreed. She felt like she could be more useful out there than inside the castle, but she resigned herself to stay put as Lucy said. She turned to Lucy with a more cheerful tone, "Come on in. You must be tired and hungry," she said placing an arm around her and walking in.