Part 32 | 1002 |

Tuesday, March 12, 1002

Imira is ridding from Daxtram to Cair Paravel with five of her guards, crossing the woods. It's late and it's dark, and what Imira and her guards don't know is that there's evil lurking in those parts of the woods right now.

Meanwhile, King Peter has been informed of these creatures and has set out on a mission for the past three days to find said evil creatures and rid the forest of them. His camp is not too far from where Imira and her guard plan on spending the night. In fact, at that very moment, King Peter and his men are out looking for those evil creatures.

IMIRA'S POV

IMIRA'S POV

We shouldn't be too far from the Dancing Lawn now, I can't wait to get back. Wait, what's that sound?

I stop the horse and look around carefully at the darkness that surrounds us. The guard stops too, looking around, listening intently. There it is again, that sound, like a branch breaking. The horses whine, something's wrong.

"Let's go," I order, but it's too late. We get jumped by a group of evil creatures, werewolves, a couple of minotaurs, black dwarves, some wolves, and other creatures I cannot recognize in this darkness. I have my sword with me, but no armour. I didn't think I would need it, guess I was wrong. I unsheathe my blade and charge against the enemies. The guard, can't recognize him or her in this darkness, does the same, but there are too many of them and too few of us. A wolf scares my horse and I fall on my back landing painfully on some twigs. I roll to the side as an axe aims for my head, but I can't reach my sword. The minotaur approaches me, axe raised above his head. Oh, come on! I can't seriously die like this. Bloody axe to the face? No way. Nothing epic about getting jumped. I try to come up with something, anything, like... a kick to the nuts. Do minotaurs even have those? I suppose we'll find out. 

Just as he's about to deliver the deathly blow and as I'm about to test my theory someone stabs him from behind and pushes him to the side.

"Missed me?" Peter asks me with a smirk.

I sigh in relief. No risk of getting familiar with a minotaur's anatomy today, hurray! "Perfect timing,"

He lends me a hand and helps me up.

"Are you hurt?" he asks me concerned.

"I don't think so," I say, brushing the leaves and dirt off me. 

"Good, then you can fight. Come on," he picks up my sword and hands it to me.

We fight the evil creatures, but by now most of them are either dead, captured, or have run away from Peter's guards. Sadly, my horse has died. Killed by a wolf. Bloody wolves, I hate those guys.

"What are you doing out here?" Peter asks me as he cleans his sword before sheathing it.

"I was on my way back. What are you doing here?" I ask him back.