Part 78 | WHAT A LUDICROUS EXCUSE! |

Don't forget to vote and comment, please 

: )

(Published 15/Dec/2019)

"I would say that went rather well, don't you think?" Peter asked as they entered his chambers

"I would say that went rather well, don't you think?" Peter asked as they entered his chambers. They had just come from having dinner with Imira's rather large family.  

"Yes, far better than I thought it would," Imira admitted. 

The three men she ever had romantic feelings for together at the same table... yeah, no thanks. Sure, Peter and Maxwell got along well enough, but something told her Peter did not love the idea of her spending lots of quality time with her former lover, even if he was a married man now. And she was more than certain, Peter was not an advocate for her spending time with the man her father intended her to marry. 

"Why? What did you think would happen?" Peter asked. He thought it might get a bit uncomfortable with her easter cousins, but it all went quite splendidly. 

"Oh, I don't know," Imira said as she sat on Peter's favourite chair, "but I've got to say I did not expect your sister to spend most of the night flirting with Agnar," 

"Right!" Peter exclaimed. He had been completely surprised by Susan's relaxed behaviour during that dinner. "What was that about?!" 

"Oh, I believe you know the answer to that," she said, crossing her legs before taking off her mother's tiara. 

She enjoyed her gossiping chats with Peter. He always knew had something interesting to say.

"Do you know what's going on with her?" Peter asked as he sat across from her and began to take off his boots. "Because the last thing I recall is her swooning over Sir Derrick's stories and seeing to his recovery. But now she seems to have forgotten all about that and has set her sight on your cousin," 

"At least she didn't choose the dull one," Imira said, referring to the second of the Acanthaean princes. 

"Come on, Prince Ræmond's not THAT dull. He's just..." he trailed off. 

"I believe the word you are searching for, is dull," Imira noted. 

"I was going to say humdrum," Peter retorted. 

"That's just another word for dull," Imira pointed out. 

"Must you always be right?" 

"You know the answer to that one too," Imira said playfully. 

"But do you think it's appropriate?" Peter said, going back to the Susan issue before he went to the dresser and began to take his clothes off.  

"Her fancying a foreign prince?" Imira asked as she undid her hair, not sure what exactly Peter was referring to.