Part 39 |SUSAN|

March 20, 1002

March 20, 1002

THIRD PERSON POV

"There you are. I've been looking all over for you," Imira said entering Peter's study. It was late now, nearly time for dinner.

"Sorry. After accompanying Susan we stayed in town for a while longer." Peter casted aside his paperwork and turned his chair to her. Actually, he has spent quite some time with Susan, he needed some advice.

"The play. Right. How was it?" Imira asked going to him and sitting on the edge of his large oak desk.

"It's... it's not entirely accurate." Peter said leaning back on his comfortable green chair.

"How so?" Imira asked.

"They still believe I killed the witch." 

"Of course they do, you didn't say anything last time. Did you correct them now?" she asked.

He let his head drop.

"Peter," Imira started.

"What was I supposed to say? How am I to inform everyone Aslan is the one who defeated her truly? He's the reason we won the war, not I." He said. Peter was not feeling particularly good about himself.

"That's not entirely true. You are the one who led the army. We couldn't have done it without you. You are the one who fought her and lived to tell the tale. She nearly killed Edmund. She killed me. She most definitely killed Aslan," said Imira trying to lift up his spirit.

"But it wasn't all me. I-I could not have done it alone as they suggest."

"Of course not. No one man can defeat an entire army. I think everyone knows that,"

"Aslan could've," Peter said thinking back to that day.

Imira sighed. "Aslan is Aslan. He can turn stone to flesh. He can turn back time and come back to life. But despite all the marvelous deeds he can perform, I do not believe he could have taken Narnia back without you and your siblings. Prophecy, remember? We couldn't have won without him in the same way we couldn't have won without you."

"Nor your armies," Peter said looking up at her. 

"No, I believe we could have managed without them. Though they sure came in handy and helped lessen the casualties. But still, winning that war was a team effort. And you were our leader. It's only natural they want to commend you for the victory." She said trying to give him some peace of mind. He worried too much in her opinion.

"But still. It makes me feel guilty," Peter told her. He liked the recognition, but he felt guilty he hadn't earned it. 

"I'd say that's rather a good thing. Means you're down to earth and not as big headed as I thought," She told him teasingly kicking him lightly, trying to ease his worry.