Part 54 | YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING |

APRIL 13, 1002

APRIL 13, 1002

IMIRA'S POV 

A knock on the door awakens me. Where am I? What... oh, Datram, right. Right.  "Who is it?!?" I ask in a raspy voice. "Ugh, that sounded awful," 

"It's me, Lucy!" 

"Come in!" I shout as I get out of bed. My hair is still damp from the bath I took earlier. 

"Hey, I was just wondering what-oh I woke you up? Sorry," Lucy says, closing the door behind her. 

"No worries. You were wondering...?" 

"What are you wearing for dinner?" Lucy asks, sitting on my bed. 

"Oh. Dinner," I throw myself on the bed dramatically and Lucy copies me. We both laugh. 

"They're probably going to make a big deal out of it, with us both here and all," I start. "Ugh, I'll have to dress up and talk to people and socialize! Not that I hate to, but today I'd rather stay here and just sleep," 

Lucy just laughs beside me as we stare at the ceiling. 

"So you're still feeling sick?" 

"I don't know. I feel weird," I tell her with a sigh. 

"Good weird or bad weird?" she asks, turning her gaze from the ceiling to me. 

"Just, weird. Honestly, I'd rather just have some tea and be done with it. I think something I ate must have been off," 

"But we all ate the same thing. Shouldn't we all be feeling sick as well if it was the food?" she asks me, sitting up. 

"Maybe it was something I ate for breakfast. Or last night's dinner. I don't know. I just... I'll take it easy tonight," 

"So you're not going out with everyone? Because I heard something about a party," 

"Oh, no parties for me tonight. Definitely, no parties. I'd just get sick all over, no thanks," 

Lucy laughs again. "But what are you going to wear? I didn't exactly bring my best clothes with me," she says, changing the subject. 

"Don't worry. I'll lend you something," I tell her jumping up to my feet. 

"I don't know if you've noticed, but we're not exactly the same size," 

"I still keep my dresses from when I was younger. There must be something for you." 

I lead her into the room where I keep my clothes and find the chest where my old dresses are stored. 

"Here. You're welcome to any of them," I tell her as I take out some of them. "It's not like I have any real use for them now," 

"That'd be great, thanks,"  

We look through my clothes until Lucy finds something she likes that is appropriate for the occasion: a pale green dress with a flowery pattern and golden embroidery. Pretty much all of my clothes have always had golden embroidery. I help her in it and it fits perfectly. It's almost as if it was made for her. While she goes to choose some matching shoes to wear, I look through my clothes and choose to wear a long-sleeved robe-like pale-red dress, nearly pink but not quite, with exposed shoulders and golden embroidery as well. I wear my hair loose with a golden diadem and help Lucy braid her hair. We finish getting ready just in time and head down for dinner.